Controller / Business Analyst (m/w/d) Germany Central and South
In this role you report directly to the BU Controller of CGI Germany Central & South based in Sulzbach.
This is a varied role with tasks ranging from the timely, accurate and complete analysis of a German Metro Market/ Sector but also including Financial Business Engineering skills. Besides the day-to-day activities, the monthly analyses of the accounts and the effectively communication in the business unit needs to be performed to increase the quality of financial controlling.
This role involves extensive daily interaction with our international offices, business managers, functional teams and finance colleagues. Therefore it is essential that you have good leadership, management and communication skills in English.
Due to the rapid and continuous transition of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
Controlling / Business Analyst for Metro Markets/ Sectors in Germany Central & South:
• Lead the budgeting and forecasting process and deliver well-supported and documented financial plans
• Deliver accurate, insightful and timely analysis of financial results compared against forecasts and budgets
• Prepare and present financial results with discerning commentary to key business unit stakeholders
• Partner closely with our centralized Finance Business Services group on financial close activities
• Manage special requests and collaborate on in-house projects
• Work closely together with the opportunity lead and bid team’s
Further tasks in this role:
• Perform deep dives in complex running projects together with the delivery teams
• Analyse further profit improvements in projects and support the deliver teams in their strategic project decisions.
• Support the management in identify expense reductions
• Be a partner and advisor in all finance related topics for all stakeholders within a Metro Market/ Sector.
• Academic degree in business economics with at least 3-5 years work experience in Finance
• experience in a finance role in an international company
• Successful track record in project control, revenue recognition and cost control
• Technical accounting knowledge and IFRS experience
• Accurate, able to work to strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a quick turnaround environment
• Shows flexibility where needed
• Ability to be either a hands-on deliverer of results or motivating manager/ coach as and when circumstances dictate, in an efficient and effective manner
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English and (preferably) German to all levels including senior management as well as good presentation skills
• Strong leadership and team-working skills with ability to work independently and work well with colleagues at different levels in the organisation
• Organised, proactive and results oriented
• Ability to have good grasp of the detail whilst understanding the “big picture” and to manage multiple tasks/ projects and priorities simultaneously
• High level of comfort in challenging assumptions by leveraging logic and critical thinking
• Advanced experience in Excel
Functional/ Technical Skills
Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Persistency and independency
Is constantly and consistently performing at a high level, even when faced with roadblocks; is persistent and persuasive in convincing others; acts in an independent but client-oriented way; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Blends people into teams when needed; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team and motivates individuals.
Die Zukunft der IT neu gestalten im starken Konzern.
Außergewöhnliche Zeiten fordern uns heraus. Der digitale Wandel schreitet voran und CGI unterstützt und begleitet seine Kunden auf diesem Weg. Dabei bieten wir eine Vielzahl neuer Möglichkeiten innerhalb der Digitalisierung und der IT von Morgen.
Bei CGI macht Arbeit und Erfolg haben Spaß. Denn wir bringen Menschen, Prozesse und Technologie zusammen. Wir wollen nicht nur unsere Aufträge erfüllen, sondern auch unsere Kunden erfolgreich bei ihrem Wandel begleiten und sie immer wieder begeistern. Dass uns beides regelmäßig gelingt, verdanken wir in erster Linie unseren motivierten Kollegen. Die Identifikation mit unserer Unternehmensphilosophie zeigt im täglichen Miteinander, was das Arbeiten bei CGI so außergewöhnlich macht.
Es ist Zeit, Teil unseres Erfolgs zu werden und mit anderen etwas zu bewegen – werde Member bei CGI!
Mehr Informationen zu CGI unter www.de.cgi.com