Configuration Management Specialist (Lead)
CGI is seeking an experienced Software Build Manager / Configuration Manager to act as the central point of control and communication, coordinating with the appropriate parties and directing the efforts of the support team. Responsible for the integrity of the software build and deploy processes and overall quality of code versioning and integration across development, test and production environments. This is a high visibility role that involves interaction with software developers, technical leads, and other stakeholders.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Plan and coordinate system configuration activities
• Maintain configuration management documentations for reference purposes
• Develop process improvements to enhance configuration efficiency
• Determine configuration requirements and develop system configuration procedures
• Educate staffs about configuration policies and practices
• Assist in developing tools to support daily configuration management activities
• Follow and enforce configuration management policies and practices
• Analyze and resolve configuration problems in a timely fashion
• Communicate configuration discrepancies to Management for immediate resolutions
• Assist in designing automation tools to support configuration procedures
• Ensure that system configuration is executed in accordance with customer needs
• Audit configuration controlled artifacts, assist in configuration audits, and implement audit recommendations
• Recommend configuration management solutions as per the requirements
• Assurance of code interoperability in multiple environments and configurations
• Administer and maintain version control, version control software and code repository
• Provide oversight in the branching and versioning of code build to the development staff
• Oversee and provide guidelines for the branching and versioning of software builds
• Contribute to the maintenance of standard development and test environments
• Manage, maintain and improve automated code deployment practices
• Must be able to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
This position requires you to obtain and maintain a US Government Public Trust level clearance. While US Citizenship is NOT required for this role, our customer has a residency requirement that states all candidates must have lived and worked in the US for the previous 2 consecutive years.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years information systems, systems analysis and design and/or development experience. 3 years prior software development experience. Supervisory / Lead experience desired
• If no degree, 7 years systems analysis and design and/or software development experience
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Extensive software Configuration Management experience
• Experience using Jenkins (job configuration and pipeline)
• Proficiency with Git / SVN
• Experience configuring and using Maven build automation tool
• Experience with Nexus repository management
• Working knowledge of Linux commands and shell scripting
• Scripting / Build / Deploy experience
• Understanding of, and experience working within, the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Extreme attention to detail while managing a variety of tasks, and ensuring complete accuracy
• Knowledge of Java technologies
• Responsibility for DevOps activities, including the day-to-day application builds, server start/stop, and deployment activities
• Supporting multiple deliverables in parallel while coordinating amongst multiple teams
• Providing IT support to customers
• Serving as a system administrator/configuration specialist
• Collaborating with development and support teams
• Performing builds and resolve findings from related reports
• Configuring a project’s processes, including setting up release pipeline and configuring image servers (network appliance storage devices)
• Coordinating the deployment schedule
• Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment
• Good communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with clients and team members
• Some experience (2+ years) of Cloud Computing technology (AWS, Azure, or similar)
• Experience with tools such as CloudForms, AppDynamics, and Splunk
• Ability to work independently and conduct self-directed research if needed
• Knowledge of SonarQube, MySql, Nexus Community, Nexus Pro, Apache Subversion, SCM Manager, CloudBees Enterprise, HAProxy, Jenkins Operations Center
• Other version control systems, build systems, deployment systems, configuration management automation systems, service virtualization, functional testing tools experience
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Agile & DevOps
· Configuration Management
· Software Development
· Cloud Computing