CGI Federal is looking for a mid to senior level Business Analyst, with 5+ years of experience to join our agile project team and provide support for the client’s software. The ideal Business Analyst must possess strong writing and verbal communication skills, and be able to build relationships with both the team members and client stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this position is a problem solver who works to bridge the gap between the client needs and solution development ensuring delivery of a strong product. As a Business Analyst, you will use your knowledge, skills, and abilities to solve user challenges and use your critical thinking skills to identify client requirements and translate those into business scenarios and user stories for the development team to execute. You will closely work with Product Owners and Business Stakeholders to understand their vision, document it and help identifying the priority and business value of the features. You will work the product owner in an Agile environment to write the user stories, acceptance criteria, backlog grooming and prepare required items to support release/PI planning.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Facilitate product owner input and team interactions. Ensure the communication of scope and requirements changes throughout the team, including sprint impact analysis
• Work with key project stakeholders to formulate and communicate the business vision, to envision initial requirements, and to scope the project
• Gather high-level requirements (business, functional and technical) using collaborative, face-to-face and/or virtual workshops with the customers, stakeholders and the development team
• Work with stakeholders to translate the requirements into user stories that are understandable by developers
• Work with business owners and development team to bridge the gap in understanding the vision and requirements
• Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements.
• Support product owner in prioritization and management of backlog, ensuring Scrum process standards, identification of stakeholders and stakeholder conditions of acceptance.
• Conduct planning and review meetings with the team and business stakeholders
• Work with UX specialist in creating story board to facilitate in vision elaboration
• Facilitate collaboration through helping with stakeholder analysis
• Author and prepare meeting minutes to be distributed to a variety of audiences
• Validate & Verify user stories after implementation by the team, for accuracy and completeness
• Prepare and maintain project documentation and artifacts including analysis, reports and user documentation
• Perform testing to confirm user issues and support system enhancements.
• Provide additional support and guidance to clients during the implementation phase to include development of training resources.
• Development of SQL queries and scripts for data analysis and manipulation
• Document workflows and processes based on requirements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years of workplace experience as BA and experience in agile software development.
• Strong customer service skills. (E.g., Ability and desire to develop and maintain productive client relationships.)
• Experience with financial data, and enterprise financial tracking systems.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Product Suite and Azure services.
• Experience in government functions such as federal acquisition, grants, and/or financial management is preferable.
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, business administration or related field
• Working knowledge of web content management system, business analytics, Oracle and SQL.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Business Analysis