Our Regulatory Agency Programs’ (RAP) Treasury Account is looking for a junior to mid-level management consultant to support process improvement planning and execution for an IT organization whose mission is to deliver infrastructure, environment, configuration, and deployment guidance and coordination while driving leading-edge software development principles and supporting IT’s hardware and software modernization efforts. You will join a collaborative, partially remote team of consultants to assist in stewarding customer initiatives from conception to successful completion including scope definition, requirements validation, milestone definition and tracking, and risk and status reporting. You will work closely with the team lead to identify and harness opportunities for process and organizational improvements that align to the IT strategy. In addition to client work, you may support strategic planning, technology innovation, and business development, as needed.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Analyze client needs to identify best-fit solutions that align to the agency and department strategy and well as the current operating environment
• Participate in stakeholder discussions to understand context, validate challenges, solicit feedback, and build consensus
• Research, analyze, and translate data so that it is quickly consumed and enables executive decision making
• Develop dynamic briefings and visualizations to communicate recommended solutions tailored to the intended audience
• Attend technical discussions for the purpose of extrapolating necessary actions, risks, and opportunities for advancing the mission
• Manage client satisfaction to ensure that delivery meets or exceeds expectations based on scope
• Foster strong client relationships, serving as a knowledgeable and trusted advisor
• Participate in Agile planning and scrum activities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• A bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, information systems, or similar
• Strong collaboration and facilitation skills that build trust, foster partnerships, and influence decisions
• Strong core consulting skills that ensure thoroughness, creativity, and professionalism
• Strong communication skills (listening, writing, verbal, and nonverbal) that tailor to audience/setting
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, organizational, and time-management skills
• Ability to work independently, taking initiative to interpret and research requirements
• Ability to absorb and summarize complex information and to quickly learn new domain areas and skills
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment
• Experience with SharePoint administration
• Experience with MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
• Able to commute daily to the CGI office in Fairfax, VA with intermittent travel to the customer site in Lanham, MD
• Not accepting visa sponsorship for this opportunity
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience with JIRA, Rational Jazz, or other Agile tools
• Experience with MS Access
• Experience with SharePoint development
• Certified Scrum Master
• One or more years of experience working in a professional client facing and/ or consulting environment
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 1-3
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.