AWS Developer- Mid Level
CGI is seeking an AWS Developer with Data Engineering skills and proven technical experience to join its Healthcare Practice in the Baltimore, Maryland area. The candidate should demonstrate AWS expertise, and processes and tools supporting Agile application development teams that lead to continuous integration, test, and deployment methods. Must have hands-on experience with AWS programming including maintenance and enhancements.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Maintain and improve continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines for delivering features, fixes and system updates in development, integration and production environments.
• Maintain a scalable, stable set of CI/CD tools to support development, testing, and security scanning.
• Install, configure, test, and maintain containerization and orchestration management tools.
• Analyze functional and non-functional business requirements, translate them into technical operational requirements, and propose CI/CD pipelines with tools and plugins.
• Keep up to date with developments in technology, and DevOps fields through educational and other information resources and make our team aware of possible applications for new technologies and methods.
• Be able to troubleshoot across multiple applications and create run books and playbooks for each event with the necessary escalation paths established
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Full-Stack developer using Open Source technologies and AWS Services
• Strong Python development experience
• Strong Unix development experience including shell scripting
• Proficiency with AWS core services such as EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, and Lambda
• Knowledge and working experience with AWS analytics and machine learning services such as Amazon EMR/Spark and Amazon Redshift
• Knowledge and working experience with setting up continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline on AWS using GitHub and Jenkins
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· AWS Developer
· Continuous Integration