As an Software Tester, you will focus on developing, modifying, and executing automation and manual software test plans; analyzing and writing test standards and procedures and maintaining documentation of results. You will have the ability to work closely with Business Analysts and Functional Analysts to analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing and/or improvements. Responsible for modification of existing programs which are complex in nature. Does this sound like you? Your next job responsibilities are listed below.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Define and create test requirements, test plans, test scenarios, and test scripts for a complex system
• Develop automated tests using tool such as Soap UI, Selenium, Test Complete, etc.
• Develop and execute queries to verify and generate test data SQL
• Identify areas for process improvements to increase the quality and efficiency of all testing related activities.
• Work with the Test Manager to define governance procedures to support the application of Test Automating Frameworks in both waterfall and Agile
• Perform frequent manual software testing as needed - specifically around functions such as data quality, data ingestion, and data performance
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or a related field
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a testing environment
• Experience in testing ETL, Drupal, .NET, Web, SOA based applications
• Experience in developing test cases using automation tools like Cucumber and Selenium
• Adeptness to work collaboratively on and lead a team as well as work independently
• A team player that is able to put the project or team success before their own, while also developing other members of team
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Automated Testing
· Test Case / Script Development