Bouygues Travaux Publics is a subsidiary of Bouygues Construction, specializing in underground works, complex civil engineering projects, engineering structures, road, public transport and port infrastructure. Our expertise is in business setup, managing large projects and mastering very specialized techniques. Strongly deployed internationally, we rely on multinational teams to offer our customers solutions that combine innovation, respect for deadlines and consideration of sustainable development criteria. We are recruiting men and women who will be our wealth and will accompany us in our growth.
Bouygues Travaux Publics is committed to diversity and is open to all talents. We encourage anyone with the skills mentioned in the description of the advertisement to submit their application. If post adjustments are necessary, they will be mentioned during the recruitment.
Commercial - Sales / Business development
Description of assignment
Bouygues Travaux Publics is seeking a Bid Writer to join its International Proposal Management team. The team contributes to the business development process by producing high quality, customised commercial documentation and bid responses to major public and private infrastructure projects.
In this role, the Bid Writer will support Proposal Managers and will be required to interface with business developers and technical teams, among others, to solicit content and craft a range of documentation in English, from highly technical engineering and construction methodologies to clear and compelling executive summaries and project descriptions that convey our brand and value proposition.
This position reports to the Head of International Tenders & Marketing in Paris.
· Develop, update, adapt, and/or edit bid narratives and related write-ups that align and comply with tender’s requirements. Write-ups will include topics such as design capability, construction capability, project management, financial capability, PPP delivery, risk management, quality, health & safety, sustainable development, plant and equipment, etc.;
· Ensure technical content accuracy and consistency of narratives.
· Collaborate in the setting up of a virtual library to share with other Bouygues’ international entities;
· Collaborates with extended proposal management team in the improvement of existing proposal library content;
· Contribute to discussions within the proposal management team, share new ideas, and participate actively in the team’s continuous improvement process.
· University degree (Bac+5) in engineering, architecture, journalism, commerce, marketing or similar;
· Superior writing and communication skills in English (full professional proficiency at a native speaker level);
· At least 5 years of experience in a similar position. If technical background, at least 2 years of experience working in the engineering/construction fields;
· Capable of analysing and understanding client requirements in tender documents;
· Experience working on a bid production environment;
· Strong planning, coordination, and time management skills, rigorous and great attention to detail;
· Able to respect tight deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude;
· Advance user of the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.);
· Capable of working with people from other nationalities and cultures;
· Experience in the public infrastructure sector is an asset.
· Basic understanding of French is an asset;
· Available to travel to Bouygues’ headquarters in the Parisian region every two months (2-3 days stay);
· Available for occasional international travel.
1 avenue Eugène Freyssinet 78280 Guyancourt
Europe, United Kingdom