Vehicle Engineer (m/f)-TWMA-FRCR00799135
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies – built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology – conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit a Vehicle Engineer for our site in Crespin, France.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To technically define, develop and lead the electrical design and integration for rolling stock projects and tenders. With whole design lifecycle responsibility, from ensuring a complete and correct set of requirements are established to developing valid electrical train architectures and concepts that are fully integrated in order to deliver a class leading, competitive and compliant design
• Project electrical lead with responsibility for developing the whole train electrical design (e.g. propulsion, Train Control, power distribution), directing and guiding the project’s design team to ensure key technical design decisions are made in a structured and timely manner and that all technical risks are identified and mitigated.
• Ensuring the electrical design is fully integrated and verified through the design lifecycle against a complete and correct set of technical requirements, using best practice system engineering processes and tools (e.g. Design Reviews, Trade Analyses, Interface management, Requirements Management)
• Leading the review of customer technical specifications and legislation in order to establishing the key train level operational, functional and electrical performance requirements and the subsequently development of the principle design architectures and concepts to meet these requirements. Ensuring key decisions regarding architecture, concepts and system technologies solutions are made in a timely manner to ensure bid and project timescales can be achieved.
• The principal electrical technical interface for the project’s stakeholders; Lead Vehicle Engineer, Customer, Key suppliers, engineering functional heads and divisional leadership team, preparing and reporting technically on the project’s progress, issues and risks.
• Planning and estimating timescales and costs associated with delivery of the scope of work associated with the role. Directly managing the scope of work during bids and projects.
If you want to know how working as a Vehicle Engineer looks like, check out the interview with one of our Vehicle Engineers: http://uk.bombardier.com/en/careers/career-development/Meet-the-team/Vehicle-Engineering.html
Primary Location: FR-NPC-Crespin
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 14.09.2016, 3:00:00 PM