The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 184,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
The FXMM Back Office (BO) is in charge of all Foreign Exchange, Precious Metal and Money Market transactions booked under one of the four legal entities (BNPP Paris, BNPP London, BPSS, FINAMS) for Fixed Income and ALM Treasury Paris departments.
The Back Office provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Our main clients are Corporates (major corporations & medium-sized companies) and Financial institutions (general and specialised international banks, pension funds, fund managers, insurance companies, central banks and supranational entities).
The Production teams handle all transactions initiated by our trading desks in Paris, London, Singapore and New York, by ensuring that all trades feeding the Back Office systems are confirmed, matched, announced to our treasury and settled in due time.
The Documentation Standard products team is responsible for ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the risk undertaken by the business lines. A wide range of products are traded by the Trading desk including FX, FX Options, Loan and Deposits, Metals. The Documentation Standard's team's primary function is to support the Trading and Sales desks through the drafting of OTC Physical confirmations for mainly all structured trades & exotic options dealt with Interbank counterparties.
The team performs a critical control role in the timely reconciliation of bookings with the confirmation and term sheet. The team is also responsible for notifying all post trade events with clients. The team ensures that all issues are controlled, reported and fixed by working closely with traders, sales people, strategists, IT and Legal, Credit and Compliance. We are involved in process improvements with special focus on STP processing and management of risk and controls, new product initiatives, development of new business in all regions.
· Drafting legal confirmations based on ISDA definitions for all products including Swaps, Forwards and Options, for example Option Strategies (Barrier, Knock-in Knock-out, Average, Accumulator, Targets) and Hybrid Strategies.
· Trade review of risk booking and term sheet to ensure they are in line prior sending documentation to clients
· Monitor workflows to ensure confirmations are prioritised accordingly and ensure timely dispatch of confirmations
· Meet Regulators dispatch targets
· Issuing post trade events notifications to clients such as barrier triggering (Knock-in / Knock-out), expiries, exercises and early terminations.
· Direct point of escalation internally on documentation /template queries
· Daily liaison with Customers on discrepancies and assisting in redrafting confirmations to meet their needs
· Working closely with the Matching team to solve discrepancies on incoming confirmations
· Continuous review of processes and controls ensuring high level of risk management
· Maintaining effective working relationships with Front office Trading and Sales, Legal, Compliance, IT and other Operational areas in Paris, Montreal or Singapore and globally through daily interactions