Agriculture plays a fundamental role in fulfilling many of humanity's basic needs: food, feed, energy. To support growers and those who take care of our environment, BASF develops innovative solutions for farming, pest control and landscape management - so that we can effectively contribute to improving people's lives and business' demands. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for sustainable agriculture at the Innovation Center of BASF Belgium Coordination Center CommV in Gent, Belgium.
As a research-oriented team, Crop Genetics contributes to developing and bringing new Seeds & Traits products to the market by supporting breeding processes with genotyping and molecular genetic information. For traits, this starts with native trait discovery approaches, such as QTL detection and GWAS, which delineate regions of interest of important traits, such as adaptation, disease or product quality. For selection purposes in breeding, Crop Genetics provides the genotype data for all marker-assisted breeding decisions, from simple trait tracking, marker-assisted introgression to genomic selection that requires a complete genome fingerprint.
What you can expect:
o You will independently execute and organize technical experiments; develop, validate and optimize technical protocols and work instructions to maximize quality.
o You will correctly use established work instructions, state-of-the-art equipment, computer and data management systems.
o In your role as Research Technician, you will independently record, compile, summarize, report and present data according to company standards.
o You will assess and interpret the technical quality of data/experiments and contribute to their implementation in molecular breeding; troubleshoot and report accordingly.
o Contribution to workflow improvements is a main aspect of the function.
o You will act as a recognized role model with respect to ensuring compliance with all existing company standards (QMS, Health, Safety, BioSafety, Stewardship,...) within your area of responsibility.
· You have a Bachelor's degree (in Life Sciences) or equivalent with at least 3 years of relevant successful experience.
· You have broad knowledge and understanding of molecular diagnostics.
· You are able to optimize technical protocols, and to develop and validate new technical protocols.
· You have an innovative mindset in process/efficiency improvement.
· Additionally, you are accurate and technically independent.
· You have a high level of self-organization and planning and good reporting skills.
· Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office) and affinity for specialized software and databases are essential.
· You are a good communicator, both verbal and written with a good knowledge of scientific English.
· You are a team player.
· Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
· Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the job?
Nele (Talent acquisition)
Phone: +49 30 2005-58363
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.