We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
“For BASF, diversity is one of the essential keys to business success and the well-being of our employees. We promote an inclusive culture that accepts the diversity of people, experiences and capabilities. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost creativity and motivation, and enhance our teams’ performance. Join the team and connect with more than 110,000 other mind"
Objectives of the Position
The unit IP India was founded in 2016 as major element of the strategy of BASF’s global IP department and is expected to grow significantly to further improve overall cost efficiency and knowledge management via insourcing. After the initial ramp-up years, a sustainable structure is targeted to be implemented. The target structure is following the design principles (strengthen quality and knowledge management, clear communication to customers, etc.), of all major BASF IP units where IP attorneys, who support businesses and R&D units in similar technical areas are grouped together. To ensure high qualitative IP service support these groups/teams are led by an experienced IP attorney, who is constantly leveraging the expertise out of BASF’s global IP network.
Main Areas of Responsibilities and Key Activities
Lead in his/her own technical area of responsibility:
Drafting & prosecution of patent applications:
· Draft patent applications and prosecute them with the relevant patent offices worldwide
· Draft utility model applications worldwide
Counselling on exploitation of global IP rights and filing strategies:
· Advise on the setting up or structuring of a patent strategy within business strategies and/or individual portfolios
· Advise on alternative strategies for protecting proprietary know-how such as trade secrets
Education in European Patent Law:
The successful candidate will receive extensive training in European Patent Law by an experienced European Patent Attorney. The training will cover both the theoretical aspects of European Patent Law as well as their application on real cases.
Job Requirements (Minimum requirement to carry out the work)
· M.Sc. or Ph.D. in organic chemistry, polymer chemistry or inorganic chemistry, preferably with educational experience outside of India
· Indian Patent Agent, Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) or diploma in IP law/patent law will be of advantage
· 2-5 years in the Intellectual Property area
Technical & Professional Knowledge
· Sound knowledge in respective technical subject and professional IP knowledge