ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Location: Freeport, TX, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1901942
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Control Systems Engineer (1901942) – Freeport, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to support the control systems (DCS, PLC, SPLC/SIS-PLC etc.) at our Freeport, TX facility. Your main responsibility will be to deliver and maintain Control Systems that meet Production’s requirements, perform as necessary to achieve functionality and safety obligations and maximize system capability. This includes the leadership of the system migration and lifecycle process, maintenance recommendation and oversight of installed base equipment, membership on key control systems related teams, and coordination of concepts with Production Technologist (Automation).
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your educational background in Computer, Chemical or Electrical Engineering and your extensive experience in chemical/petrochemical plant automation and Industrial Control Systems support, you will provide expertise as a resource in PLC5, SLC500, ControlLogix, PanelBuilder32, RSView Studio, Siemens S7 and other PLC platforms.
· Using your ability to read/write programming code, you will be responsible for programming HMI, DCS and PLC’s using Function Block Diagrams, ladder logic and Sequential Function Logic, or CL (AM and HPM).
· Understanding plant specific requirements and control systems, you will provide technical expertise for other systems and communications protocols used onsite, such as Simocode for Motor Control Systems, Profibus and Fieldbus for field instrumentation systems, OPC communications systems, wireless communications, etc.
· Demonstrating your experience in Controls and Automation and any familiarity you have with Honeywell TDC3000, Honeywell Experian, or Foxboro DCS system (or strong willingness to learn Honeywell or Foxboro DCS system and TRICONEX, HIMA, or Allen-Bradley PLC systems), you will be responsible for configuration, preventative maintenance, hardware/software support and administration for DCS and PLC based control systems.
· Successfully engaging inside the organization, you will develop and maintain long-term control system migration plans for your assigned plant with the Production Technologist, Specialists and Technicians.
· Your strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail will be essential as you track Total Cost of Ownership for control systems. This includes monitoring failures, assisting in initial hardware installations, maintenance contract tracking and communication, optimizing software version upgrades and addressing vendor liaison issues such as quick fixes for system problems.
· Your commitment to having standardized processes will be evident as you develop, implement, document and maintain manuals for every system in the production areas. You will also be responsible for the standardization, documentation, and quality of all configurations.
· As a subject matter expert, you will perform advanced control and graphic configuration on systems in an assigned area that is beyond the capabilities of the technicians and specialists. Additionally, you will support Capital projects in areas requiring interface to control systems.
· Your strong desire for safety and reliability will drive you to lead alarm management efforts, graphical design enhancements, and SIS testing assistance.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.