Agriculture plays a fundamental role in fulfilling many of humanity's basic needs: food, feed, energy. To support growers and those who take care of our environment, BASF develops innovative solutions for farming, pest control and landscape management - so that we can effectively contribute to improving people's lives and business' demands. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for sustainable agriculture at the Innovation Center of BASF Belgium Coordination Center CommV in Gent, Belgium.
The purpose of the role is to manage the R&D Informatics data analysis platform and to provide expert support for data scientists, researchers and biometricians across Global R&D functions. The position will also contribute to the optimization of data analysis processes to enable and enhance users to translate data into actionable know-how.
What you can expect
· You will advise teams in the planning, designing and utilization of the R and Python-based data analysis platform.
· You will interact and consult with global communities to translate business requirements into solutions.
· You will provide functional support to the scientific community using the R and Python data analysis platform.
· You will provide guidance for coding standards and discover new methodologies.
· You will maintain the data analysis platform, provide technical support, assist troubleshooting and day-to-day operational issues.
· You will provide monitoring of the platform to proactively identify and resolve issues. Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve complex problems impacting service levels.
· You will document the configuration of the system, system controls, and procedures.
· You will mentor and train end users.
· You have a master's degree in Bioinformatics with at least 3 years' experience with domain specific languages (Python and Perl)
· You have experience with scripting and code development (Python and R) and demonstrated knowledge of Linux (RHE).
· You have knowledge of statistical programming languages (R) and experience with continuous integration and pipeline development in high performance computing environments.
· You know your way around in configuration and management environments (Puppet, GIT and related tools).
· You combine experience in bioinformatics and biostatistics tools and analysis with knowledge of cloud computing and data analytics.
· You are creative and have an innovative mindset.
· You have demonstrated project management skills, and you are a good communicator who writes solid reports. Our business language is English.
· You are a team player with strong interpersonal skills and experience in working in a multicultural environment.
· Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
· Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matters to us, without regard of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the job?
Nele (Talent acquisition)
Phone: +49 30 2005-58363
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.