The AXA Group
The AXA Group, a worldwide leader in financial protection, supports and advises its customers, individuals and businesses at every stage of their lives by meeting their needs for insurance, pension, savings and wealth transmission.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8, bring together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities within the Group's overall strategy and is responsible for managing international projects. The AXA Group has a strong international culture, with 50 different nationalities working in its offices. AXA is a responsible and innovative Group that is constantly redefining standards to better serve its customers and employees.
Within the Brand, Communication & Corporate Responsibility department, the Corporate Responsibility (CR) team supports AXA's long-term strategy by leveraging the Group's expertise and network.
Key objectives for the team include:
· Engaging and collaborating with external stakeholders from civil society on issues of strategic importance to AXA's business (such as NGOs, international institutions and national authorities).
· Contributing to AXA's overall responsible investment and insurance strategies on critical issues such as climate change and the loss of biodiversity, health (in particular fighting tobacco and obesity/ type II diabetes) and promoting inclusion to overcome social inequalities.
· Reinforcing AXA's understanding of key environmental, social, and ethical trends in society, helping to envision the role of insurance in society in the future.
· Supporting AXA's status as a trustworthy brand and responsible corporate citizen through leadership on a full range of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues, embedding ESG into core business processes
Role and Responsibilities:
Within this department, you will support the CR team in the following areas:
· Contribute to building projects through research, advice and analysis on CR topics;
· Work in project mode to define objectives, timeline, roles & responsibilities, key milestones, deliverables and put in place regular project monitoring;
· Regularly liaise with internal stakeholders and work closely with the business to embed CR in core business projects;
· Contribute to communication plans in cooperation with Group Communication by building the key messages on our topics.
Within the group, there are 60 entities who develop their own CR strategy and that we coordinate, at Group level, to provide a common framework and encourage the sharing of good practices. Within this context, you will participate in the AXA CR community management by:
· Contributing to the coordination of the Sustainability questionnaire that assesses on a yearly basis the maturity of entities on the various CR topics;
· Liaising with AXA local entities to identify good practices and create the relevant knowledge sharing opportunities for re-use;
· Creating momentum within the community through a regular CR community newsletter;
· Preparing the regular CR community calls and contribute to the organization of workshops / seminars.
Ideal candidate profile
You should display a good knowledge of project management and a keen interest in current sustainable development issues as well as their relevance in a corporate environment. You should also possess the following skills and competencies:
· Fluent in both English and French
· Good organization and project management skills
· Writing skills and good mastery of Power Point and Word
· Ability to work with other departments, disciplines and external parties
· Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
· At ease in a multi-cultural working environment
You should also be able to work autonomously, with both flexibility and commitment.