We are looking for a Technical Support Analyst. The role sits within the Investment Technical Support team based in York. The team looks after many aspects of fund reporting across the savings retirement and Existing Customer Management.
So, the work gives an opportunity to work with a wide variety of business areas and propositions. Key activities include producing Aviva’s monthly fund factsheets, maintaining and updating e-comm portals with accurate fund data, fund governance and updating third party databases.
This role is a great opportunity to join a customer-focussed team and support the production of our fund factsheets, management of our fund centre and responsibility for regulatory documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support production of fund factsheets
- Manage database updates and stakeholder communications for fund closures, launches and other changes in a timely and accurate manner
- Liaise with the relevant teams to resolve data discrepancies, ensuring issues highlighted are investigated and managed through to resolution
- Apply investment knowledge to manage specific investment fund related issues, identifying actions to resolve these and ultimate delivery of successful conclusions
- Represent the team on relevant projects and provide fund and investment support as required
- Support the governance process for the advised and consumer platforms
Skills & Experience required
- Good knowledge of the investment industry and asset types.
- Good understanding of the risks faced by the various Aviva unit linked investment businesses and the controls in place to manage and mitigate these risks.
- Good understanding of the regulatory regime that the unit linked businesses operate under.
- Ability to understand complex issues and contribute to their resolution.
- Time management and prioritisation skills to plan and organise work to deliver objectives.
- Advanced Excel skill and working knowledge of core Microsoft Office software
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
- Gained or be willing to study for an appropriate investment qualification
What will you get for this role?
- Salary up to £25,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time, or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Martine Harris a call on: 0121 234 7652 or ping them an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.