This role of software Engineer
· Software development and implement applications that support day-to-day operations.
· Design, develop and implement new integrations.
· Provide first-level support to end-users, provide application support and troubleshooting on application issues. Manage, gather, analysis and deploy application improvement or changes.
· Support Disaster recovery exercises, including responding to level 2 incidents, to diagnose, troubleshoot as well as coordinate with the Application Development team for the successful resolution of issues.
· Support application deployment initiated by Change Requests, plan and maintain the application environment with the latest patches.
· Subject matter expert providing advice, guidance, knowledge sharing and governance in their areas of expertise (business process, application and technical configuration)
· Accountable for prioritising own use of time to deliver the workload expected of the role while working within policy and guidelines and applying technical knowledge
· Accountable for solving problems and dealing with difficulties in line with policy, process and other guidelines applying technical knowledge and expertise
· Depending on the nature of the specific role, problems can range from repetitive daily issues to complex technical problems requiring significant expertise
· Escalate problems according to guidelines
· Provide technical solutions for deficiencies in process, application configuration and operational procedures
· Accountable for supporting planning and delivery of change and for recommending change to the process and ways of working based on expert know how
· Take personal initiative in adapting to change
· Proactive improvements to operational processes within the platform to meet customer expectations and drive efficiencies
· Build effective working relationships across relevant teams within platforms and digital
· Coach & develop peers within your area of expertise
· Utilise business contacts to get closer to the customer and understand what our customers really want
· Collaborate with peers across IT to continuously obtain feedback, review and develop new technical solutions and best working practices
· Accountable for building and maintaining effective relationships with external subject matter experts and/or suppliers, regulators
Timeframe for decision Making
· Longest target completion time of a specific task likely to be 3 months
· Will typically work on projects, larger programmes or teams lasting for a period of 6 months to 2 years
Risk Management and Governance
· To self -Identify issues arising from controls weaknesses (Inadequate/Ineffective controls) notes from control assessments, risk events/incidents happened
· To have adequate controls to reduce number of regulator breaches and ensure there are no recurrence events.
· If you are Compliance Liaison Officer, participate in the quarterly engagement sessions with Risk and Compliance and to conduct quarterly trainings within respective departments
· Tertiary Qualification preferred
· Experience in software industry with at least 5 years’ experience in Java, J2EE, Spring Framework and Enterprise Content Management.
· Experience in following Skills added advantage – HP Exstream, HP Command Center & HP Exstream upgrade.
· Experience in developing, configuring and architecting HP Exstream. Working with different output formats (AFP, PDF, XML), queues and objects.
· Experience in production support experience.
· Experience in supporting Java applications.
· Knowledge of Agile and waterfall Project Management methodologies
· 3 to 5 years working experience in Life/Health Insurance Domain.
· Good interpersonal communication and written skills.