Operational Risk Identification Analyst - London
You will be expected to support the Manager / Senior Manager and Head of Operational Risk Identification in collating and preparing consolidated risk and control self-assessment results / dashboards across the business. Investigating initial exceptions identified during the preparation process where necessary
- Maintain the monthly Indicator dashboard (risk, control, performance, strategic). Where exceptions are identified resulting in amber, red or material fluctuations results, investigate the reason. Obtain and challenge business proposed remedial actions for exceptions.
- Support the Manager / Senior Manager and Head of Operational Risk Identification in performing non-complex deep dives or investigations into key areas of concern across the business.
- Support the Head of Operational Risk Identification in monitoring that all Risk second line control and issue management responsibilities have been met monthly by completing monitoring analysis and escalating areas at risk of failure of failures identified.
- Support the Manager / Senior Manager and Head of Operational Risk Identification to complete annual reviews on the risk management framework (and supporting guidance documents).
- Escalate concerns (material or otherwise) to the Senior Manager.
- Be seen internal (e.g. peers) as a person with knowledge in Operational Risk Identification.
- Prepare the approved data analytics to support risk reports in a timely manner due for submission to Aviva Investors Committees, forums and other governance groups as directed by the Head of Operational Risk Identification.
- Collaborate with the Manager / Senior Manager to consolidate data analytics and deep dive results in order to provide a robust second line deep dive analysis on Aviva Investors Current Risk Profile.
- Via the Senior Manager, seek Head of Operational Risk Identification approval data and deep dive results (or Senior Manager as delegated by the Head of).
Risk owner meetings
- Collate the monthly Risk and Control Self-Assessment data results globally across the business and prepare consolidated reports for the Senior Manager to review. Investigate initial exceptions identified.
- Via the Senior Manager, seek Head of Operational Risk Identification approval of the consolidated data results.
- Support the Head of and Senior Operational Risk Identification Manager in executing the Risk Infrastructure project annually (Risk Infrastructure is the annual update of the Risk Management Framework, Risk Monitoring Framework, Aviva Investors Risk Register, Tolerances, Inherent Risk Assessments, Risk Ownership / Nominee Allocations, Process category remit descriptions, Process Owner / Nominee Allocations and Risk Appetite Statement).
- Prepare participation packs, collate information, monitor participant workshops, action logs and record minutes of meetings.
Group reviews / Aviva Investors deep dives / Regulatory reviews / material risk event deep dives
- Execute deep dives / reviews classified by the Head of Operational Risk Identification as non-complex requiring a some understanding of the business and / or technical environment.
- Provide the finalized results to the Head of Operational Risk Identification / Senior Manager (as directed by the Head of) for approval.
Simplicity / innovation / automation
- Support the Senior Manager and Head of Operational Risk Identification in developing solutions driving simplicity, innovation and automation.
- Support the provision of risk management training to the business as directed by the Head of Operational Risk Identification (and overseen by the Senior Manager).
Governance and controls forum
- Support the Head of Operational Risk Identification and Senior Manager in managing the Governance and Controls Forum (e.g. review quorum, minute taking, action log monitoring).
- Previous knowledge of the asset management industry and the risks associated with this.
- Knowledge of financial instruments and a trade lifecycle.
- Degree educated with relevant professional qualification
- Knowledge of risk identification, measurement, management, monitoring and reporting practices across the asset management and other financial services sectors.
- Has a good appreciation of working globally and is sensitive to cultural diversity.
- Strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills.
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.