An opportunity exists within the Motor Technical Auditor team within Aviva UK Insurance. This essential role allows us to manage our business risk and governance responsibilities across our motor engineer team and supplier network through a planned auditing programme reviewing technical performance and compliance.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of qualified Auditors and your role will be measuring supplier and engineer compliance to ensure that modern day motor vehicles, which are subject to a motor accident claim, are correctly assessed to facilitate repair to pre-accident condition by using the appropriate repair methods at the correct cost, or identifying, valuing and categorising vehicles if deemed beyond economical repair.
· Expert understanding of modern day motor vehicle repair, methodology and complexity.
· Expert application of the ABI motor vehicle Salvage Code of Practice.
· Accurate measurement and reporting on Aviva supplier and engineer performance to deliver correct repair methodology and costs compliance.
· Expert in the use of Motor Vehicle Damage assessment system (Audatex)
· Delivery of the Aviva Audit Plan, both internally and externally
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
· Accredited to ATA standards of work, or working towards accreditation.
· Expert knowledge in vehicle construction and repair techniques
· Competent understanding of insurance principals
· Competent in the use of repair Estimating Systems (Audatex)
· Time served Motor Engineer holding City & Guilds, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification
· Monitoring engineer authorisations (internal and external) to ensure that vehicles are returned to their pre-incident condition and performance reporting on motor repair costs/leakage.
· To monitor and report on compliance to Aviva Technical Standard
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
· Institute of Automotive Engineer Assessors Corporate membership
· Corporate Membership of the Institute of the Motor Industry desired but not essential.
· ATA VDA Accreditation.
· AQPID holder.
· Motor Engineer by apprenticeship.
· City & Guilds, NVQ or SVQ qualification in Motor Engineering.
What will you get for this role?
· A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
· Generous defined contribution pension scheme
· Annual performance related bonus and pay review
· Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
· Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Sherratt-Amorelli in the Resourcing team at Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org