Global Financial Crime Analyst – London
You will handle and perform Financial Crime Advisory work for Aviva Investor (AI) Entities, including advice and guidance, training, incident and issue management, regulatory development by supporting the Global Head of Financial Crime as required.
· Participate in Quality Assurance reviews of Global Line 2 Financial Crime activity.
· Track Global iCare issues.
· Support for financial crime oversight for AI entities.
· Support development of develop implement and maintain effective Financial Crime Frameworks for AI aligned to the Aviva Group Policy that supports the delivery of compliance with regulatory requirements in line with Group risk appetite and the Group strategy.
· Handle and perform Compliance Monitoring programme for AI entities.
· Challenging the business’s management of exposures to financial crime risks including their approaches to risk identification and measuring risk impacts.
· Providing an independent opinion on financial crime risk exposure and advising the businesses on how best to handle and mitigate these exposures.
· Support the operation and running of AI’s Financial Crime and Cyber Forum
Support the delivery of Line 2 financial crime compliance activities for the Aviva Investors business as set out in the Aviva Investors Financial Crime Policy, Financial Crime Risk Management Framework.
· Support in setting of policy for FCC, including anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions, counter-terrorism finance (CTF), anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) and Fraud in AI regulated businesses, including regulatory development.
· Providing advice and mentorship to AI regulated businesses on financial crime compliance.
· Providing clear communications, training and awareness material to the UK business.
· Responding to adverse consequences arising from FCC and reputational breaches/issues so that the risks are handled, mitigated and reported, with remedial action initiated in line with the materiality of the risk/issue.
· Proactively and continuously assessing whether AI arrangements in the UK and Global offices businesses in respect of FCC meet standard methodology and motivating change and improvement on a timely basis.
· Undertaking periodic reviews and on-going monitoring activity to assess how AI FCC standards, policies and procedures have been implemented according to agreed plans and timescales.
· Assessing, interpreting and communicating regular management information, Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicators in relation to FC across the UK businesses.
· Oversight of Line 1 functions carrying out FC operational tasks.
Supporting the Global Head of Financial Crime Compliance in leading global financial crime risk at Aviva Investors, including:
· Taking a substantial role in developing and contributing to the intelligence model to challenge and improve the current financial crime threat assessment. This will involve seeking out new sources of intelligence, assessing intelligence gathered, and carrying out activities identified through the intelligence model.
· Taking a significant role within the community of financial crime role holders with AI and Aviva Group.
· Adhering to and demonstrating adherence to internal controls such as the Financial Crime Business Standards and AI risk management arrangements. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records, providing relevant, timely and accurate reporting and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
· Undertaking periodic reviews and on-going monitoring activity across the AI Global business to assess how AI FCC standards, policies and procedures have been implemented according to agreed plans and timescales.
· Delegated authority in the absence of the MLRO to issue SARs and notifications to HM Treasury for Sanctions
· Degree level education preferred
· Relevant professional qualification preferred or working towards qualification
· Good knowledge and demonstrable application of AML, CTF, ABC, Fraud and sanctions within asset management (in wholesale, intermediated and direct retail distribution channels) and related real estate activity.
· Knowledgeable of Aviva Investors’ businesses
· Proven ability of effectively communicating to a wide range of business staff the regulatory and reputational risks attached to FCC and the implications of business strategy on the identification and management of FCC risks
· Ability to work effectively and sensitively across geographies and cultures.
· Ability to take decisions based on your knowledge and experience.
· Proven track record to think proactively and come up with ideas for enhancements
· Confidence to call out key issues where necessary to advise line management and Senior Compliance and Risk managers.
· Proven ability to provide clear communications to the business.
· Experience operational processes including the implementation of a continuous enhancement approach.
· Proven experience of Financial Crime expectations
· Relevant compliance and internal control experience in Compliance disciplines (e.g. documentation, internal control)
· Previous experience in delivering high performance (client services, behavioural expectations).
· Able to provide technical advice and support on financial crime compliance matters to include AML, CTF, EU, HMT, OFAC and UN regulations including Sanctions and ABC including UK Bribery Act and other similar legislation globally.
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.