Aviva’s Bulk Purchase Annuity (BPA) team in Norwich are seeking a hardworking individual with strong numerical and analytical skills to join us as a Finalisations Analyst.
This role is involved in the back-end process of repricing Bulk Purchase Annuities schemes (known as BPA schemes, they are insurance policies specifically focused on pensions which Aviva has bought from pension trusts). You’ll need to get to grips with the BPA scheme and the associated data set, analysing it against the details used by the Quotes team in order to confirm the data is fit for sign off.
As Aviva has now identified de-risking Defined Benefit solutions (a specific type of pension scheme) as a key area for business growth, our ambition is to grow this business area. This is a great job if you want to learn about a sophisticated area of the financial services sector as well as an opportunity for career progression.
Role and Responsibilities
- Be accountable for meeting the finalisation of a scheme within set timescales, understanding challenges as they come about.
- Gain an understanding of a scheme basis and data set to enable accurate pricing at finalisation.
- Understand and translate pension scheme bases to prepare a scheme’s data to be signed off by the scheme’s Trustees.
- Produce a scheme finalisation in preparation for actuarial sign off.
- Produce model point files and run the pricing model on the relevant financial conditions.
- First point resolution and escalation point for issues and queries.
- Challenge processes and help to create solutions.
- Build and maintain communication across the Norwich operations team to ensure smooth transition to the next stage of the administration process.
- Protect our customers and understand risks that could impact the business and our customers i.e. money laundering, customer verification, fraud, data protection.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (VBA knowledge would be helpful) and confidence in handling large amounts of data.
- An eye for detail and analytical capabilities - the onboarding of each scheme is an important process which requires a high level of accuracy.
- Keen to learn and not afraid to ask questions to gain a better understanding of the subject matter.
- Defined benefit or pension knowledge is advantageous but not crucial.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary up to £25,000 depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Megan Douglas a call on 0121 234 7665 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.