Are you passionate about working for FTSE100 organisation, where you are given the scope to develop professionally, the opportunity to develop challenging roadmaps and provide IT strategy for a large organisation?
We are currently recruiting for permanent Enterprise Architect to join our UK Insurance (UKI) Strategy and Architecture team. If you are seeking a challenging opportunity, this role would be ideal, you will be responsible for providing strategic context, direction, roadmaps and standards to drive the strategy and business transformational roadmaps. You will work with a range of senior stakeholders from Aviva and partner organisations, sharing knowledge, decisions, patterns and lessons learnt to improve efficiency and enhance capability.
Aviva is a large, complex, fast-changing organisation; therefore, you will need to be able to operate effectively in this environment and find ways to simplify the technology estate and support the business in achieving their goals. As the successful Enterprise Architect, you will operate in the UK Insurance business reporting into the Head of UKI Strategy and Architecture and be part of the Global Strategy and Architecture practice.
The role can be based in York or Norwich travel between these and other Aviva locations will be necessary dependent on the role as needs dictate.
- An external focus looking at bringing new thinking into Aviva. This will include the identification of new technologies and IT capabilities and their benefits and value to the business, using external sources and competitor analysis
- Govern change against Architecture standards, working with Lead Solution Architects to ensure quality and alignment to roadmaps, principles and standards
- Develop a technology vision to fulfil business ambition and reduce costs
- Communicate future IT architecture to sponsors and secure investment
- Deliver strategic change through projects, vendors and partners
- The development and maintenance of domain specific IT technology roadmaps in line with the business imperatives
- The articulation of IT investments and decisions required to implement the Business and IT strategy
- Govern change activities to drive alignment to overall strategic direction and ensure the integrity of the solutions from functional, service and compliance perspectives
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong analytical capability and background
- Have strong personal impact and influencing skills
- Broad vision of industry standards, new technologies and market key trends
- Deep understanding of IT service operations and change management
- Demonstrably strong cross-cultural influencing skills
- Have strong knowledge of end to end IT programs and project management
- Financial acumen to support development of business cases and to inform key design decisions
- Ability to anticipate future trends and needs as well as leading current environment
- Ability to think long-term strategically and operationally
- Have excellent partner and relationship management capabilities at all levels
- Experience of operating at senior management levels
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £42,750 - £82,400 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme and discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras”
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy call on: 0207 255 0884 or ping an email at: email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.