We are looking for an analytics professional with an interest in consumer behaviour to join the Data and Insights department in Aviva's Savings & Retirement business. This is a key role in ensuring that the business understands its customers and stays on track in delighting and supporting them.
We will give you the freedom to develop your analytics and insights both in response to business requirements but also through your inherent curiosity to dig deeper into how our customers are behaving. This job is needed to provide a full end to end analytical service which includes working with colleagues to understand the business problem and undertaking data mining activities to interrogate and analyse the data available. Through your action-orientated analysis, customers will be better informed, better prepared and able to make better choices about their savings and retirement products.
We would ideally like someone to be based in/around our office in York because that's where the team is based. Applicants who are in commutable distance of our York or Norwich offices but would prefer to work from home most of the week are also welcome.
Role and Responsibilities
- Help develop our understanding of customers, their behaviour and their needs through profiling, identifying and assessing retention metrics, performance of business initiatives, customer engagement activity or customer interactions with us.
- Identify, create and deliver ad hoc and regular customer analytics by redefining complex data into substantial conclusions and recommendations.
- Articulate insights, along with recommendations and actions, through effective and compelling storytelling.
- Maintain close relationships with colleagues in the Customer Science team to ensure data, analytics and findings are shared and consistent.
- Collaborate with teammates to find opportunities to utilise analytics which require regular tracking or to make the process of creation more efficient.
- Work with the Data Infrastructure Manager to identify data gaps and opportunities to improve availability and access of data for analytical purposes.
- Offer consultancy on data and analytical related activities to other areas.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in customer, marketing or campaign analytics roles.
- Excellent communication, relationship management and presentation skills.
- Hands on experience working with and interrogating relational databases using SQL, SAS, Data Iku or similar.
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Amazing attention to detail when working with large data sets.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Genuine curiosity about the underlying reasons for consumer behaviour.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £35,000 - £40,000 depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Megan Douglas a call on 0121 234 7665 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.