Counterparty Risk Credit Analyst – COO – London
This role supports the enhancement of the counterparty risk framework as part of the implementation of ‘world class controls’ within Aviva Investors. Globalisation of existing AI counterparty risk management processes and reporting. Enhanced counterparty risk monitoring to support new client due diligence and take on. Delivery of enhances counterparty risk management reporting to the AI Executive and relevant committees.
• Input into the development of the counterparty credit risk policies.
• Support and input to process for getting sign off for new counterparties.
• Responsibility for overseeing the quality and consistency of credit risk reporting to the Investment Committee IC), Operational Controls Committee (OCC) and Risk Management Committee (RMC) as appropriate.
• Liaison with the UK Credit Officer and other key internal stakeholders to ensure that all relevant counterparty credit related issues are managed.
• Provision of advice to dealers and fund managers on counterparty risk requirements and processes.
• Input to ISDA & CSA risk parameters in conjunction with derivatives legal and key business stakeholders;
• Input to ISDA and CSA parameters (e.g. NAV triggers) with broker counterparties;
• Undertake credit risk analysis as appropriate relating to trading counterparties and brokers.
• Contribute to development of long-term counterparty risk management solutions to support Aviva Investors in more effectively managing aggregate counterparty risk
• Monitor aggregate counterparty risk in accordance with agreed counterparty limits
• Daily monitoring of credit ratings and CDS spreads
• Liaise with overseas BUs to ensure relevant counterparty risk data is provided to the Operation
• Prepare reports for the UK Credit Officer and relevant committees.
• Where required, approve set up of new counterparties and/or trading relationships and ensure subsequent set up is correctly carried out.
• Likely to have professional qualification e.g. CFA, ACA or specific credit risk related qualifications
• Some experience of credit risk management within an investment manager or investment bank.
• Fundamental credit analysis knowledge
• Understanding of counterparty risk management
• Broad understanding of Investment Management.
• Understanding of derivatives
• Strong written and verbal communicator.
• Excellent influencing and team-working skills.
• Ability to challenge and influence outcomes.
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.