Aviva Canada Inc. has an excellent opportunity in our Small Medium and Enterprise (SME) commercial insurance business unit. Our Commercial Enablement team in SME focuses on process, technology, and projects that directly support the underwriting business. This current opportunity for a Commercial Insurance Business Analyst will support the SME transformation portfolio with both business and technology focused initiatives. You will work with stakeholders across SME and be responsible for the analysis and evaluation of business problems, development of recommendations, and implementation of solutions that meet the business needs. This is an exciting time to step into a role that supports SME as our 2020 strategy gets underway.
- Facilitate requirement elicitation sessions and document business requirements
- Assess business needs, identify feasible alternatives and provide recommendations.
- Identify impacts on current Branch processes.
- Primary contact amongst all Initiative stakeholders – business, developers, testers, change management, L&D.
- Ensure successful adoption of changes by the business stakeholders, engaging Learning & Development team where required and following up with stakeholders after change has been adopted/deployed.
- Define project timelines, identifying milestones and phases of delivery
- Monitor project progress by tracking deliveries, resolving issues and publishing progress reports
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- 4 plus years’ experience as a Business Analyst
- Commercial Insurance experience or knowledge is strongly preferred
- Experience with Systems Thinking or process improvement methodologies
- Stake engagement is a huge plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to clearly communicate with business and technical stakeholders
- Experience with Agile delivery methods
- Experience with Visio, Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- College or University Degree or equivalent practical experience
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.