Opportunity to work within our dynamic Corporate Actuarial team focusing on the creation and implementation of actuarial models, with an enhanced focus on automation, reporting to the AVP of IFRS17. In this position, you will have an opportunity to be creative and challenge the status-quo; you will play a critical role in building effective solutions to meet actuarial deliverables under IFRS 17 & evaluate existing processes related to actuarial work-flow post production (reporting, MCT, SII, ORSA) and propose and implement changes. In this highly visible role you will work closely with Reserving, Finance, IT, our overseas partners in UK, and will have the opportunity to present your findings to senior leaders.
- Assist in the creation of automated process within reserving as part of our joint Innovation & IFRS 17 objectives, and lead certain components of this work-stream;
- Be an integral part of the theoretical interpretation and identification of requirements related to the new standard focusing on actuarial concepts such as discounting, risk adjustment, cash-flowing and reinsurance;
- Be an integral part in the development, testing and validation of IFRS 17 actuarial models (discounting, risk adjustment, loss component, etc.);
- Assist in the integration of the actuarial IFRS 17 applications into the overall company architecture with automated data flows to and from actuarial and accounting systems – work with Finance and IT representative to achieve this;
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of how the IFRS 17 solutions fit into the Company’s financial reporting architecture with special focus on actuarial models/processes – collaborating with our counterparts at Group and UK GI;
- Work with Risk and Capital team to assess the IFRS 17 impact on Minimum Capital Test (MCT), Financial Conditions Testing (FCT) and Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA); and
- Participate in the creation of training material and provide training aimed at reserving - including senior stakeholders - to discuss the impact of IFRS 17 on reserving results and wider impact across the business;
- Understand the control framework within the IFRS 17 architecture related to actuarial solutions.
- Degree in actuarial science, mathematics or directly related field;
- Min 3 years experience, previous experience within Reserving is a plus;
- Progression on Actuarial exams is a must;
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to work through the technical implementation details while appreciating the big picture;
- Strong team player who is also able to work independently;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other departments;
- IFRS 17 knowledge desirable – ability to quickly learn and apply measurement models;
- Strong technical knowledge with MS Excel;
- Working knowledge of Python would be an asset or willingness to learn.
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.