Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
The Network Engineer needs to apply technical expertise in routing and switching (Cisco IOS and Nexus especially) and load-balancing to consult with Operations Engineering and/or suppliers.
The engineer will utilize their knowledge to review engineering standards and develop tactical plans to ensure Network Operations, partners and suppliers are meeting technical requirements.The resource may also assist or oversee major incidents, major change or introduction of new technologies within the environment.
Primary Job Functions:
Responsible for the technical success of network services within the environment.
Contributor into the development of the Network Operations Strategy and into supporting organizational strategies.
Contributor to the strategies of peer organizations ensuring that their strategic plans are in alignment with the technical direction of Network Operations and/or Strategy and Architecture.
Ensure that all new network services are designed to deliver the levels of availability required by the business, and validate the final service design to meet operational needs of the business to ensure excellent service delivery.
Work with service providers to ensure the proper level of technical acumen and quality are executed within the contracted services.
Contributor in developing and evolving operational procedures.
Examine & document existing processes, evaluate them within the context of availability and maintainability of Network Services.
· 3+ years’ progressive data communications experience in WAN/MAN/LAN/Data Center operational support to include Cisco Nexus and IOS , configuration, evaluation, incident resolution, problem management, and project management experience in a 24x7x365 support environment.
· 3+ years’ experience in day-to-day support of enterprise scale, complex network environments.
· 1 Year experience with F5 technology or working knowledge of load-balancers
· Knowledge of and experience with major routing protocols like RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP, RMTP, OSPF, etc.
· 1+ years’ experience in the utilization of data communications test equipment and network management systems (e.g., sniffers, Wireshark, OPNET, NetScout, ReliaTel, NAGIOS, and software-based management systems such as OpenView, SevOne, Smarts, Riverbed CMC, NetBrain, NetCool, etc.) a plus.
· Familiarity with the capabilities and problems of a broad spectrum of hardware and transmission technologies (e.g., cabling, optical fiber, WAN and transport, routing, firewalls, LAN/VLANs switches, SDN, etc.)
· Ability to understand complex network infrastructure quickly during major incidents and provide technical leadership appropriately.
· Exceptional communication skills are a must. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at a variety of levels and to communicate intricate technical and procedural matters to both technical and non-technical personnel across diverse cultures.
· Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
· Good understanding of how IT technology supports the Enterprise and the Business Segments.
· Ability to communicate and multi-task under pressure.
· Strong customer, quality and results orientation.
· Ability to be an effective team member and technical leader
Preferred a minimum of at least 1 professional level certification from a major technology supplier (CCNP, F5-CTS LTM, etc.)
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
Nearest Major Market: Orlando