Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
Title : Outpatient Coder - Same Day Surgery/Observation (Facility)
Location : Remote
Type : Full Time
Travel : 0%
About the Coding Group
Atos is a driving force in the global digital healthcare market, with more than 100,000 employees in 72 countries and annual revenue of \$13.6 billion. We serve a global client base as a leader in coding quality, coding more than 4 million charts annually. Atos coding employees are seasoned AHIMA/or AAPC credentialed professionals with several holding dual credentials. Atos has expertise working with a variety of healthcare customers, large integrated health systems, public and private hospitals, trauma 1 facilities, as well as large academic medical centers and NCI designated cancer centers. Employees have a dedicated team inclusive of management and resources to oversee the highest level on-boarding process for ensuring a smooth transition and ongoing coding support.
· Reviews medical record documentation and accurately assigns appropriate ICD-10-CM codes for all reportable diagnoses and assigns/validates CPT codes for procedures – both injections/infusions and surgical procedures.
· Ensures assigned codes must support the reason for the visit and the medical necessity that is documented by the provider to support the care provided.
· When applicable, apply the appropriate soft code/validate the hard-coded charges such as drug administrations, injections and infusions, and/or surgical/bedside procedures.
· Correctly abstract required data per facility specifications.
· Perform 'medical necessity checks' for Medicare and other payers as required per payment guidelines.
· Remain abreast of current requirements of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, (CMS,) to include National Coverage Determinations, (NCD) and Local Coverage Determinations, (LCD) guidelines, related to the assignment of modifiers, to ensure the submission of a clean claim the first time through.
· Meet and/or exceed the established OP production standards.
· Meet and/or exceed the established quality standard of 95% accuracy rate while meeting and/or exceeding production standards.
· Utilizes internal (Atos) and qualified external resources to clarify coding policies, guidelines and “gray areas” while adhering to individual client coding policies.
· Three years or greater of Facility Clinic Coding experience.
· Advanced outpatient coding experience with office visits for General Medicine, Internal Medicine, OBGYN/Women’s Health, Pain Management and/or Wound Care.
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree Highly Desired.
· Successful Completion of “Atos’s Inpatient Coder Qualifying Test” with 85% or greater
· At least one of the following preferred certifications are required: RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician (AHIMA), CCS (Certified Coding Specialist (AHIMA).
· Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease process, pharmacology, complex surgical procedures.
· Advanced knowledge of accepted medical abbreviations and their meanings.
· Advanced knowledge in the use of specialized references such as the CPT code book, CMS Guidelines, medical dictionaries and texts, and medical journals.
· Advanced knowledge of hospital information systems, encoders and other technology to facilitate a successful virtual work environment while maintaining maximum communication and adhering to HIPAA security standards.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook functions.
· Knowledge of variety of EHR and Encoders.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Attention to detail is crucial to this position.
· Ability to think/work independently,yet interact positively with team.
· Advanced problem-solving skills.
· Primarily remote position therefore does not need a central location.
· Access to high-speed internet and be in compliance with Atos Remote Work Agreement specifications.
· Basic personal computing skills including MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel.
· Technical skills required to learn and navigate a variety of software systems, trouble-shoot computer problems, install periodic updates to software programs and work efficiently in a virtual environment.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.