2017 Project Management Internship - CPU GroupJob Description
ARM, a multinational company that kept its start-up’s soul, leading provider of low-power, high performance processor IP, heavily invests in its French sites.
ARM’s Sophia Antipolis design centre is located on the French Riviera, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. This exceptional design centre has delivered leading products from ARM’s CortexTM processor family, such as Cortex-A9 and Cortex-A12.Join our success! We look forward to receiving your application!
What will I be accountable for?
The role of the intern project manager is to perform all project management aspects related to planning, executing, monitoring, tracking and reporting progress. The other aspect is related to project data analysis by extracting all performance measures and comparing estimated (predicted) values versus actuals values, and finally maintaining the group dashboards. This is a 6-month internship.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
· Ramp-up on current CPU operation group methods/tools,
· Set up CPU group project dashboards, upgrade existing infrastructure,
· Develop new innovative methods and techniques,
· Test Process and workflow; propose process improvement,
· Document control, data analysis,
· Direct and manage project developments
· Track project milestones and deliverables
· Conduct project presentations and reports to outline and highlight key findings and developments of projects
The role will report to the CPG project management team in Sophia-Antipolis.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
You will preferably be studying at a University or Engineering School, in electronic engineering or computer science. Other science graduates could be considered if you have relevant experience.
Working on a broad range of projects (Cortex-A, Cortex-M and Cortex-R profile), you must be flexible, quick to adapt and comfortable with analysing multiple range of data. We are also looking for:
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills,
· The ability to work independently and with a group
· Time management skills
· The ability to influence others
· Collaboration, negotiation
· Competence with Microsoft office Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Optional desired skills:
· VBA macros development
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Supplementary pension
· Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
· Life Insurance
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave
· Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.