2017 Graduate Engineer
2017 Graduate EngineerJob Description
We are looking for enthusiastic graduate engineers interested in a career in digital design, verification, modelling and implementation. At ARM, you will be shaping the future of technology and collaborating in the development of next-generation CPU that fuel billions of devices world-wide.
ARM’s Sophia Antipolis design centre is located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional design centre has delivered leading products from ARM’s Cortex (TM) processor family.
Design, Verification, Modelling & Implementation Graduates Roles at ARM:
There are graduate design, verification, modelling and implementation roles within the Sophia Antipolis CPU team, which is focused on mainstream processors ranging from high-end cores to micro-controllers.
These components are used extensively in consumer devices such as mobile phones and tablets as well as in numerous other electronic products from sensors to servers.
Working in the CPU Group, you will need to be creative, innovative and enthusiastic about new technologies. Our engineers create products providing world class performance and low power.
Graduate engineers immediately start working on real project tasks with help and guidance of experienced engineers. Through teamwork, training and dedication to personal development, our goal is that every graduate engineer quickly learns about different aspects of developing highly-complex designs, starts contributing to different project tasks and ultimately develops into an expert in the field.
You will be working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment.
What will your role be?
• You will be creating the specifications for the next generation of ARM’s CPU products, analysing the trade-offs between different options via modelling or RTL.
• You will be developing the IP in RTL, working with the rest of the design team to deliver a product with leading power efficiency and performance.
• You will be verifying that IP to the highest quality standards using a wide range of methodologies – constrained random simulation using testbenches written using various languages, running real applications on emulation or FPGA platforms, and formal methods.
• You will be conducting implementation trials of the IP using leading edge tools and technology nodes and developing the complete implementation flow from synthesis to GDSII, including static timing analysis, IR drop analysis and equivalence checking.
Are you a good fit for ARM?
In order to be considered, you will need to be graduated from an Engineering School or University in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Essential skills and experience that we look for in a successful Design, Verification and Implementation Graduate include:
• An engineering mind-set and passion for digital design
• A keen interest in processors and digital systems
• Understanding of computer architecture and micro-architecture concepts
• Familiarity with hardware description languages, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog
• Excellent attention to detail
• Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
• Good inter-personal and teamwork skills
Desirable skills include:
• Knowledge of the ARM architecture
• Knowledge of design techniques for low power
• Programming languages such as: assembly language (ideally ARM assembler), higher-level (e.g. C), object-oriented (e.g. C++)
• Exposure to verification techniques and testbenches (e.g. UVM and Formal)
• Exposure or first working knowledge synthesis/floorplanning/power planning and place and route tools and techniques
• Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.
• Exposure to low-level programming or driver development
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
· Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
· Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
· Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
· Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
· Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
· Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’. To see what happens next, take a look at ourrecruitment process . Please note, there are multiple vacancies available for this role. These are due to commence in 2017.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Supplementary pension
· Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
· Life Insurance
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave
· Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
ARM® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.