- Graduate job
- 2017 Graduate Hardware Engineer - Formal Verification
- par Arm
- Cambridge (United Kingdom)
2017 Graduate Formal Verification EngineerJob Description
We are looking for enthusiastic graduate engineers to join ARM, and help shape the future of technology and collaborating in the development of next-generation CPU that fuel billions of devices world-wide.
ARM’s Sophia Antipolis design centre, located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional design centre has delivered leading products from ARM’s Cortex (TM) processor family.
Graduate Formal Verification Engineer :
Be part of a team promoting, developing, supporting and applying functional verification techniques based on formal methods:
· Apply formal verification on CPUs developed in the Sophia Antipolis design centre
· Assist other projects - locally and remotely - to enable an efficient usage of formal methods
· Develop, document and support generic flows and components
· Investigate new capabilities
· Work with EDA vendors in order to improve the tools.
Graduate engineers immediately start working on real project tasks with help and guidance of experienced engineers. Through teamwork, training and dedication to personal development, our goal is that every graduate engineer quickly learns about different aspects of developing highly-complex designs, starts contributing to different project tasks and ultimately develops into an expert in the field. You will be working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment.
Are you a good fit for ARM?
You will need to be graduating in 2017, or already graduated from a University or Engineering School, in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science, although other science graduates will be considered with relevant experience
Essential skills and experience that we look for:
· Academic knowledge on CPU micro-architecture, and preferably on formal methods or digital hardware design.
· Understanding of the fundamentals of CPU architecture
· Proficiency in algorithms and software programming
· Proficiency in scripting languages, e.g. Python/Perl/TCL
· Able to work in French and in English.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
· Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
· Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
· Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
· Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
· Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
· Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’. To see what happens next, take a look at ourrecruitment process . Please note, there are multiple vacancies available for this role. These are due to commence in 2017.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Supplementary pension
· Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
· Life Insurance
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave
· Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.