2017 Engineering Internship - CPU Development
2017 Engineering Internship - CPU DevelopmentJob Description
ARM, a multinational company that has kept its start-up’s soul, is a leading provider of low-power, high performance processor IP and heavily invests in its French sites.
ARM’s Sophia Antipolis design centre is located on the French Riviera, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. This exceptional design centre has delivered leading products from ARM’s Cortex TM processor family, such as Cortex-A9, Cortex-A17 or the recently announced Cortex-A73.
The aim of our internships is to develop your potential and expand the opportunities on offer to you – giving you an incredible variety of potential career paths. We’ll support you with continuous learning and development, while encouraging you to achieve professional chartered status. Our internships are between 5 and 6 months in duration. Join our success! We look forward to receiving your application!
What will I be accountable for?
A wide variety of internship topics is offered, representative of the different activities available in the centre.
You may indicate your preferred topic when applying, selected from the following list:
· [Ref 2017-01] Scalable Vector Extension technology investigations
· [Ref 2017-02] Machine learning for testbench stress optimization
· [Ref 2017-03] Level 1 cache memory encryption
· [Ref 2017-04] Real-time dynamic power analyser
· [Ref 2017-05] Model driven property generation
· [Ref 2017-06] Innovative verification methodology based on execution path exploration
· [Ref 2017-06] Advanced, high-accuracy branch predictor
· [Ref 2017-07] New benchmarking strategy for internal production flow
· [Ref 2017-08] Formal equivalence checking with high-level models
· [Ref 2017-09] Scalable register bank design
· [Ref 2017-10] Clock tree methodology for high performance processors
· [Ref 2017-11] Impact of transactional memory support on CPU micro-architecture
· [Ref 2017-12] Multi-threading micro-architecture investigations
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
You will preferably be a graduate from a University or Engineering School, in electronic engineering or computer science. Other science graduates would be considered if you have relevant experience.
Whatever the chosen topic, you will need to be enthusiastic about new technologies, high-end mobile computing, and innovation.
You will be working on a highly challenging project, requiring deep interest in advanced processor features, excellent knowledge of computer systems, strong analytic skills, and a high degree of autonomy and creativity.
Different set of skills and knowledge are required depending on the selected internship topic. These should desirably include:
· Microprocessor, ASIC systems or HDL and Synthesis design knowledge
· Programming language (C/C++, Python)
· Use of UNIX and shell programming
· Assembly language programming, ideally in ARM assembler.
· Strong analytic skills
· Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively
· Good inter-personal skills
· Fluent in French and English
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Supplementary pension
· Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
· Life Insurance
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave
· Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
ARM® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.