Description de l'offre
CB&I/AREVA MOX Services, LLC is a consortium of companies based in Aiken, SC and formed to advance the Department of Energy's mission to dispose of surplus weapon grade plutonium. The plutonium is disposed of by mixing it with uranium and forming a mixed oxide (MOX) fuel for use in existing nuclear reactors. After the MOX fuel is irradiated in the reactor, the plutonium can no longer be used for nuclear weapons. AREVA Federal Services provides resources to MOX Services for the design, construction, licensing and operations of the MOX Fuel Fabrication Facility (MFFF) to be built at the Savannah River Site. Resources provided are in the following disciplines: Licensing, ES&H, Integrated Safety Analysis, QA, Engineering Assurance, Process Engineering, Systems Engineering, Design and Engineering (Structural, Electrical, I &C, Seismic, Nuclear Criticality, Piping, Mechanical, HVAC), Project Safety, Procurement, Project Controls, Software Design, Training, Records Management, Operations, and Information Technology.
Orano Federal Services LLC is a world-class nuclear engineering services and operations contractor which was established to serve the Federal Government, specifically the Department of Energy (DOE) and its contractors, by combining the capabilities, technologies, and resources from multiple Orano companies.
Orano offers international experience in all aspects of the nuclear fuel cycle and has experience and capabilities in process development, engineering, design, construction, fabrication, and operations of nuclear waste management facilities and technologies.
With manufacturing facilities in 43 countries and a sales network in more than 100, Orano offers customers reliable technological solutions for CO 2 -free power generation and electricity transmission and distribution. We are the world leader in nuclear power and the only company to cover all industrial activities in this field.
Orano's businesses help meet the 21 st century's greatest challenges: making energy available to all, protecting the planet, and acting responsibly towards future generations.
Orano supports a safety conscious work environment and nuclear safety culture by aggressively promoting the identification and correction of safety issues and fostering a conservative decision making environment that drives nuclear safety.
Looking for an exciting opportunity in the nuclear industry? "Energize" your future with Orano Federal Services!
Orano Federal Services LLC, a subsidiary of Orano, is seeking a Quality Specialist III-IV.
Under broad supervision, this position is responsible for performing and overseeing inspection activities on a daily basis. The individual in this role ensures that the installation and/or construction activities performed on the MOX Project meet design specifications, drawings and work instructions. The QC Inspector 3 will assure, if applicable, that further processing, installation, or use is controlled until proper disposition of a non-conformance, deficiency, or
unsatisfactory condition has been issued. The person in this role may also be responsible for providing training to co-workers with less experience.
Additional responsibilities will include the following:
· Test and/or sample materials as required, obtain results and document in accordance with procedure
· Perform surveillance activities
· May be required at times to provide training and oversight to coworkers with less experience
· Perform inspections and monitor assigned activities to ensure conformance to drawings, specifications and other technical documents through the use of visual, dimensional and document verification
· Identify and advise appropriate departments of non-conforming work or other violations adverse to quality
· Identify nonconforming processes and/or procedural issues adverse to quality, document and may investigate with appropriate training
· Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, comply with regulations
· Prepare and review daily inspector reports for preparation of entries into QA data system
· Work with broad guidance and/or supervisions
· Reviews QA specifications, test reports and other documentation to ensure safety and QA requirements are met.
· Inspects and reviews contractors' and vendors' work for compliance with QA standards.
•Routinely interfaces with customers, both internal and external to Orano to develop processes solve issues and improve performance.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
B.S. in Engineering/Engineering Technology, Quality Processes, or related technical discipline, plus 3-5 years of nuclear quality control experience or AS plus 6-8 years of nuclear quality control experience or HS plus 10-12 years of nuclear quality inspection experience. An advanced degree (MS or MBA) may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience.
Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
Ability to interpret detailed construction drawings and to verify implementation of fabrication procedures and specifications.
Experience or certification within one or more quality discipline (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Quality, Special Processes)
Familiarity with industry Standards (I.E. AWS, ASME, NEC, ACI…
Ability to interpret detailed drawings and verify implementation of project procedures and specifications.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
· Prior experience working with nuclear QA programs.
· Experience in both NRC and DOE regulated facilities.
· Active Inspection Certification in an NQA-1 or ANSI N45.2 compliant QA Program.
· Knowledge of 10 CFR Part 50 Appendix B QA Requirements and American Society of Mechanical Engineers Standard NQA-1.
· Ability to interpret detailed construction drawings and to verify implementation of project procedures and specifications.
· Experience with implementation of Corrective Action program documents.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. Orano recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join Orano today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!
Orano is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.