If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, we might be your perfect match. We don't like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like it's day one. It's that kind of spirit that drives our success now and in the future. And you could be part of it.
It's as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Yard Marshall- 16 hours per week
8.45am - 12.45pm
4 days on 3 days off- monthly rota
The successful applicant will be responsible for monitoring deliveries from vendors and carriers in to the Delivery Station and to ensure that Amazon Yard and Dock safety procedures are adhered to. They will build relationships with both internal and external departments.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Effective communication between Carrier Drivers, Dock Clerk, Dock Crews & Security
· Overall enforcement of Yard and Dock Safety Procedures
· Distribution of safety equipment to, and management of return from, delivery drivers
· Reporting of non-compliance
· Management of vehicles in Yard and to Docks in compliance with site physical restrictions
· Management of safety checks and audits in Yard and Dock
· Keeping accurate records of vehicles arriving/leaving site and safety procedures carried out
· Prioritisation of commercially important deliveries within Receive
· Liaison with Safety, Operations and Vendor Operations
· Review and implementation of changes as required to Checks and Audits concerning Yard and Docks
· Additional ad-hoc project work as required
Ideal candidate profile
Excellent attention to detail and methodical in approach to work · · Strong communication skills in both written and verbal · · Problem solving, and issue resolution skills · · Self-motivated · · Ability to work under pressure · · Flexibility to work other shift schedules if required