Amazon QuickSight is the next generation suite of business analytics tools from AWS.
We empower everyone in the company with analytics. We constantly innovate ways to deliver faster, more intuitive, and more actionable insights at a massive scale. We are re-inventing business intelligence with the goal of allowing everyone to make data driven decisions. Our customers include startups and Fortune 500 companies.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for a ux designer to focus on our mobile experience - someone who leads by doing, values diversity of thought and background, has a passion for solving problems at massive scale and brings their best self to work every day. You will improve, iterate, and reimagine the product experience to shape the next generation of analytics tools. You will also partner with a wide variety of internal and external customers to craft a modern, elegant BI experience for one of the fastest growing areas of software.
What You Bring
You have an “anything is possible” mindset when faced with highly ambiguous and complex problems. You’re proud of your work, your skills and expertise – but you’re not cynical, inflexible. You love being part of a highly collaborative and high-energy team that isn’t afraid to swing for the fences or exceed expectations even on tactical projects.
You have a background in mobile design for complex data products, geek out over customer experience, visualization and machine learning and believe that no experience is perfect unless it delights customers in unexpected ways. You have demonstrated mobile design acumen and believe in the power of strategic design to differentiate experience and increase customer loyalty. You are an influencer who doesn’t hold your ideas as precious and who iterates quickly, based on data, and delivers recommendations and analysis that tell the story of the customer experience we are delivering. You know that mobile design is more than a smaller screen; it's a personal and device-specific environment.
What you will do
In this role you will be responsible for working specifically on the mobile experience that business users all over the world use to access information that drives their business. You will partner with product UX designers on how all reader-based features come alive in web mobile and native experiences for iOS and Android. You will work alongside product management to prioritize mobile-specific experiences. You will collaborate with engineering to define and deliver the essential lovable product.
This position requires a deep love of mobile design details, a constant customer focus, and the ability to make hard decisions fast. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup like environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
· Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment
· Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
· Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing use cases, high-level requirements
· Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow for reader-based features as they should come alive in mobile
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
· Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
· Contribute to the User Experience group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies
· Experience designing user interfaces for data visualization or data insight products.
· Experience designing for mobile, touch, voice and web.
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Experience with a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks etc.
· A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
· Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· 4+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
· 2+ years of experience designing for mobile, voice, web and web based devices
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 3+ years equivalent professional experience