Are you inspired by designing enterprise grade applications that drive business impact to the tune of billions of dollars? Do you dream of being at the forefront of using design principles to disrupt decision making for entire lines of businesses? Do you want to leverage your design skills to help scale the entire AWS business? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the UX Designer role with the AWS Operational Products and Solutions team.
As the lead UX Designer, you will own and drive the design for multiple applications and platforms that support AWS Business Technology and Solutions (BTS). You will collaboratively work with Product and Engineering to create, refine, and explore ways in which business partners in sales, business development, finance, and other organizations can most efficiently scale the AWS business. In a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you'll drive UX design from early-stage, Version 1 concepts all the way through final delivery and launch. You'll work closely with product management, engineering, and executive leadership across BTS and beyond.
We are looking for a talented and experienced design leader with exceptional problem-solving abilities, clear communication skills, and solid design instincts who can translate business needs into fantastic customer-focused solutions. Ideal candidates are self-starters who bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on. They are responsive, flexible, and thrive in collaborative work environments.
· Lead the end-to-end UX Design for multiple platforms and tools supporting AWS BTS.
· Create user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, voice of the customer, user journeys, customer feedback, and usability findings.
· Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications to Product and Engineering teams, as well as business stakeholders and executive leadership.
· Create branding guidelines and design standardization across all of the team's products.
· Incorporate customer feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into design.
· Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications.
· Performing metrics analysis post-launch to inform design/UX optimization efforts.
· Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.
· Last but not least, have fun in the process!
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar.
· Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
· Experience designing applications with multiple user touch points with specialty in web design.
· Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process.
· Professional proficiency in high-fidelity mockup and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, or equivalent.
· Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment.
· Relentless desire for innovation while balancing user model with implementation model.