Do you want to build next-generation products for Amazon’s brick & mortar stores including Amazon Go, Amazon Books, Amazon 4Star and Whole Foods? We are seeking an experienced UX designer to join PRIMS team (Physical Retail Integrated Management Solution) to work side by side with a talented team of product managers, hardware and software developers in an agile environment to develop product concepts, define requirements and priorities, build and launch to market. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. High judgment, customer obsession, ability to influence, and exceptional communication skills are essential to success in this role.
· Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment.
· Create user-centered designs by considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
· Contribute to the brand experience, visual communication, and way finding design
· Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
· Design the look & feel, interface, and interaction flow of customer and experiences,
· Drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
· Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and Amazon executives for review and feedback.
· Master’s Degree in industrial design, HCI, interaction design, or related field preferred.
· Passion for learning and innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations
· Fluency in information architecture, as well as seasoned knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Experience in building interactive prototypes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· BA/BS degree in industrial design, HCI, interaction design, or related field preferred. May be substituted with significant industry experience and accomplishments
· 3 years of experience in product, web, mobile, interaction design
· Extraordinary portfolio of shipped work demonstrating impactful Principal design leadership and exemplary understanding of human-centered design principles
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
· Superior planning skills to stay ahead of the work
· Work must consistently demonstrate a strong aesthetic judgement and training, in addition to exemplary UX & ID skills
· Proven ability to both deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience
· Experience in user research, particularly in qualitative methodologies
· Experience developing products for cost effective fabrication & manufacturing
· Proficiency in relevant 2D & 3D design tools