Ring (www.ring.com) is looking for a System Engineer focused on Identity & Access Management to join our Information Technology team!
This role will support the Ring IT services team in organizing, auditing, and maintaining numerous IT related access solutions. Areas of responsibility also include developing software and infrastructure solutions or requirements utilizing Okta, BetterCloud, FreshService, AWS, Slack, G-Suite, Atlassian and GitHub; building identity and access management solutions for a large number of cloud-based applications with automation being a primary objective; independently managing and executing a wide variety of technology projects related to access controls; and engineering high-quality processes, including documentation, for the IT Helpdesk. Being successful in this role requires a personal drive to automate everything and raise IT maturity, and an obsession with planning and execution of complex technical projects.
The ideal candidate will have a proven and demonstrable track record of being the lead engineer in driving complex infrastructure projects forward, as well as a rich history of providing support to dozens of internal applications or tools within high-tech companies. Comfort in acting as a primary liaison for IT to security, legal, and senior leadership groups is price-of-admission.
· Quickly adapt to a cutting-edge environment, and identify the key projects that your experience will provide the most impact.
· Take ownership of current access control projects and act as the principle stakeholder.
· Communicate plans and status in a consistent manner and on a regular basis.
· Stay abreast of concurrent projects being run by other team members, both inside and outside of the IT group to identify potential conflicts or redundancies.
· Interface with outside vendors, third party support teams, and various external resources to accomplish the established goals provided by leadership.
· Act as product, process, and/or project champion for the improvements identified.
· Interface with internal teams regarding tools with access controls to identify opportunities where the IT group can provide assistance.
· Identify underutilized or redundant resources to reduce wastes in cost or time management.
· Take leadership in assessing and selecting new technologies to be implemented or improved.
· Always ask “Can we do this better with code?”
· 1+ years of experience working on an Agile or Scrum team.
· 1+ years of experience architecting SaaS application management using unified identity solutions.
· 1+ years of experience maintaining system access lifecycle, including implementing custom solutions that enable exclusive or proprietary tools to interact on an automated basis.
· Understanding of TCP/IP and Internet technologies like digital certificates, well-known TCP ports, web server security, AWS security.
· Breadth of technical proficiency in areas like Unix/Linux administration, Network Administration, Programming Language Concepts or Security Engineering.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of experience in enterprise-level IT services & operations.
· 2+ years of experience working with a Cloud Identity as a Service solution like Okta, BetterCloud, SailPoint, Azure AD Premium, or Centrify.
· 2+ years of experience implementing and supporting SAML, OpenID Connect and federated authentication.
· 2+ years of experience planning, executing and managing technical projects independently.
· 2+ years of experience scripting Identity and Directory synchronization.
· 2+ years of experience auditing complex access systems based on compliance-based feedback or requirements.