Amazon Tax Technology (TaxTech) is looking for a Systems Engineer to help build and support third party and SaaS solutions, drive operational excellence, ensure security and compliance, and automate manual processes. You will support critical tax business functions for customers around the world while meeting operational excellence goals and ensuring robust system performance. You will discover innovative ways to automate and scale our solutions and services as we expand globally. You will work together with multiple teams and departments, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
The ideal candidate has a passion for understanding computing systems and for applying that understanding with an obsession for delighting customers. In this role, you will apply your skills with systems engineering, network and database management, and automation, as well as technical communication and project organization to make your impact on improving our business processes.
As an Engineer on the team, you will take part in in the architecture, design, implementation, and support of third party software and SaaS solutions, including related infrastructure. You will partner with our customers to understand business problems that drive the demand for new solutions, automation, and infrastructure, then design and build solutions to meet the demand. You will solve technical challenges by troubleshooting, diagnosing, and fixing software and infrastructure issues on both legacy and AWS or cloud related solutions. Additional responsibilities include performing software maintenance and configuration, managing permissions, developing tools that automate daily operational activities, and partnering across Tax, Legal, InfoSec, and other functions to maintain compliance with various operational and security requirements. Your designs, code, and decisions should set a great example to other engineers. You will collaborate with others, educate, and mentor to increase the effectiveness of the overall team. The SysOps team is a 24/7 global support operation. After-hours calls, night/weekend work, and participation in on-call paging may be required.
· 2+ years of experience building scripts, tooling, and automation using PowerShell, Python, Java, SQL, or Shell to streamline operational processes
· Hands-on experience building monitoring, alerting, dashboards, and metrics reporting
· Experience implementing SRE/DevOps concepts, tools, processes, and culture
· AWS certifications such as SA Professional or DevOps Professional
· Experience integrating tools and systems with APIs
· Experience mentoring and developing junior engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or 5+ years relevant work experience.
· 5+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Dev Ops Engineer or equivalent
· 3+ years of experience supporting a Microsoft Enterprise ecosystem (Windows, SharePoint, SQL Server, etc.) in large scale global environments
· 2+ years of experience leveraging Dev Ops automation and configuration management tools such as Cloud Formation, DSC, Terraform, Chef/Puppet, Ansible, or Jenkins
· 2+ years of experience implementing and administering AWS services including EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, RDS, etc.
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, OS, Networking, problem solving, and performance tuning
· The ability to deal with ambiguity and drive, design, and implement large scale systems
· Experience with Agile SCRUM or Kanban