The AWS network is one of the largest networks in the world, and its performance and availability are key differentiators in delivering the best cloud computing platform available. Do you want to work for a team that produces network automation software used by AWS Networking teams across the globe? The Network Health team develops complex network modelling software that helps protect the AWS network against impact every single day. The team is looking for a Networking Systems Development Engineer (SysDE) to join its team to provide their networking and software expertise to expand the support that its software products have across the whole AWS global network.
As a Networking SysDE, you will be intimately familiar with large-scale datacentre networks and routing protocols, as well as having proven experience of developing automation software in a team. Our ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communications, and the ability to work in multi-discipline technical teams. They will have the ability to collaborate on software automation design, and to lead and mentor junior network engineers who are learning automation.
· Build software models of complex network architectures
· Develop best in class software systems for automating Amazon's network
· Be part of the broader team that shapes the future automation of Amazon's Network
· Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
· Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products
· Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
· Experience with Linux containers, Kubernetes, AWS ECS and EKS is a plus
· Proven hands-on experience of working with AWS products to deliver software systems
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with distributed computing and large-scale systems
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
· Excellent analytical skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers
· Awareness of cloud technologies and architecture
· Proven ability to quickly learn and adapt to new concepts
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/engineering or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of experience deploying and operating Linux
· 3+ years of experience with monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving system and software components.
· 3+ years of experience in automation via shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.