Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing the largest global cloud infrastructure in the world. The AWS Hardware Engineering group provides our customers high performance and robust server platforms worldwide. We have high standards for our cloud systems as well as our employees: our systems are highly reliable, highly available, and turn scale into an advantage for our business and an asset to our customers; our employees are super smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with.
The team is developing and supporting systems to ensure that every piece of server hardware in AWS is healthy and manageable. We are developing software that interfaces with thousands of cutting-edge embedded systems all over the world. We are providing the foundation on which the cloud is built and maintained.
We are looking for experienced technical experts to help deliver industry leading next generation services architected for the cloud. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, reliability and performance guarantees. This is a hands-on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top system engineer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
AWS provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services, gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud, has over 400,000 third party developers writing applications for the platform and is currently used by leading companies like New York Times, Netflix and NASA/JPL. See details at http://aws.amazon.com.
Ideal candidate profile
· BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of system, network and/or application security experience
· Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· 3+ years of development experience with at least one object-oriented programming language (such as Java, Ruby, Python, C++/C#)
· Experience with the Unix/Linux operating system, network protocols and hardware virtualization technologies
· Advanced knowledge and understanding of network and system security, authentication and security protocols
· 2+ years of experience with development teams that delivered commercial software or software-based services (development, QA testing, or security role)