AWS Identity, Directory, and Access services enable customers to manage authentication, authorization, and governance in the AWS Cloud. These services enable customers to securely manage and audit access to their AWS accounts and infrastructure anywhere along their AWS Cloud journey. With AWS, customers can use purpose-built identity, directory, and access services to help them easily and securely migrate existing workloads to the AWS Cloud and build new cloud-native applications.
We provide organizations with building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and more.
We have high standards for our computer systems as well as our employees: our systems are highly secure, highly reliable, highly available, and must function at massive scale; our employees are super smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with.
The successful Systems Development Engineer will be passionate, energetic, with a fast moving sense of urgency around designing, building, and implementing automation across our services. The ideal candidate will have experience and talent for solving complex problems of scalability and availability in massively distributed systems, and responsible for automation at scale.
In this role, you will:
* Be responsible for delivering automation for some of our most strategic technical projects in AWS.
* Have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position by accelerating expansion to new AWS regions.
* Lead running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-scale production environment, preferably across multiple data centers, involving (preferably) thousands of machines.
* Drive specifying, designing, and implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments.
* Be responsible for solving challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed system.
* Develop and improve existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency.
* Draw from your deep and broad technical expertise to hire and mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex operational and design issues.
The following qualifications are preferred:
· Experience using AWS is a plus
· Experience with agile software development practices
· Experience with very large, high-throughput distributed systems
· Ability to prioritize and perform in complex, fast-paced situations
· Experience with some aspect(s) of computer security: network security, application security, security protocols, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent
* 3+ years of relevant engineering experience
* 3+ Experience with Python, Ruby, Java or similar languages
* 3+ Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
* Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-scale production environment, across multiple data centers, involving (preferably) thousands of machines.
* Deep knowledge of the Linux operating system fundamentals, good understanding of networking concepts, load balancers, performance tuning.