At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented and bright people. If you'd like to help us build the place where people can find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Security Program Management (SPM) team is a function of the Security and Loss Prevention (S&LP). The SPM team is composed of cross functionally skilled members in Project and Portfolio Management, Physical Security Technology, Product Management and Vendor Management. SPM team provides innovative and world class security solutions incorporating Amazon risk-based methodology, industry best practices, and global standards
The Security Program Management (SPM) team is looking for a talented Security Program Support Engineer who is eager to shine by designing and developing world-class solutions. The engineering candidate wants to have ownership of a domain to deliver meaning results to the Loss Prevention customers. As an organization, we work hard to not only deliver results but invest in each team member’s career and skill sets goals. Additionally, we encourage the use of new technologies such as machine learning when the technology provides a clear advantage.
· Design, develop and maintain software products and tools
· Building secure, reliable and scalable APIs to serve business need
· Building and shipping new features and systems with a strong baseline of quality
· Work directly with S&LP customers to understand problems and resolve requests for feature enhancements (development/build enhancements or improvements)
· Writing and maintaining technical documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
· Working on bug fixing and improving platform performance and stability
· Administering, Designing and implementing of data storage solutions (SQL, NoSQL)
· Work alongside other technical teams, including engineers, analysts and cross-functional groups
· Develop end-to-end architecture of small to medium engineering projects with supervision.
· Troubleshoot and respond to errors, bug fixes and issue tickets
· Ensure all programs comply with Amazon InfoSec standards
· Experience in building highly scalable applications on AWS
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, negotiate, resolve problems, and develop relationships at all levels of the organisation
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source management, testing, and operations.
· Ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in other geographic locations
· Ability to take calculated risks and challenge current practices to develop and deliver innovative solutions to meet or exceed the customer expectations
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree or 3+ years of work experience as a software engineer
· Experience with GIT, CI and CD
· Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
· Experience with databases such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception Based Reporting, etc. and experience using analytics to report and provide visibility to trends
· Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
· Sharp analytical abilities