Are you interested in playing a key role in developing next gen Amazon branded consumer electronics products?
The Amazon Devices Engineering Services team is looking for support engineer to lead the engineering services team in Bellevue. You will work with the local engineering teams to build-out and manage HW engineering labs, provide rework and assembly support and coordinate distribution/logistics of prototypes.
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of experience in a consumer electronics and rapid prototyping lab environment
· Educational background in AS Electronics Engineering Technician or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of rework experience of PCB soldering, fine pitch SMT (0201 or smaller), BGA components, and wire harness assembly skills.
· 3+ years of lab management experience, lab organization, knowledge of lab safety and good housekeeping practices.
· Experience in procurement of benchtop lab equipment, organizing, maintaining and calibration of critical test equipment for troubleshooting and debug.
· Experience operating characterization equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, temp chambers, IR Gun, power supplies, electronic loads, DMM, RF measurement equipment.
· Experience managing multiple demanding deadlines, ability to work well across multiple SW/HW teams.
· Experience performing complicated solder / de-solder / miscellaneous rework of circuit boards / testing of products, prototypes / characterization and DOE purposes.
· Experience planning and maintaining lab facilities for optimal efficiency and creating new processes when necessary.
· Ability to prioritize multiple urgent tasks and communicate clear expectations.