Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows. From one service, we're delivering versatile ways to watch hundreds of thousands of titles on the web, mobile & tablet devices, and TVs.
The Prime Video UX Design team is seeking a highly motivated Sr. UX Designer to design for our Living Room experience on hundreds of smart TVs, set top boxes, and game consoles.
In a collaborative environment, you’ll drive design from early-stage conceptual design all the way through final delivery and launch. You’ll work closely with product management, engineering, and executive leadership across Amazon Video in our Seattle and London offices, as well as with other organisations and product teams across Amazon. Your focus will be designing a highly-performant and feature-rich experience for customers to enjoy on their TV. You will have ownership of features from vision to execution but will also guide a studio of designers on how to craft the best experiences for living room devices..
· Analyze user interface problems and create design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
· Work closely with product teams to develop use cases and high-level requirements
· Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
· Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and project stakeholders for review and feedback
· Partner with development teams to build experiences: provide appropriate design specifications, create assets, and review finished interfaces.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Experience designing interfaces for web-based tools
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as InVision and Framer
▪ Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
▪ Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Ideal candidate profile
· Solid experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
· A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your process for creating great user-centered design solutions.
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across various Amazon digital product teams.
· Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
· Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Experience with best practices for device-based information architecture and design, as well as experience with usability principles and techniques
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch and Illustrator
· Demonstrated ability in Adobe XD
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
· Experience with storyboarding, prototyping and usability testing
· Demonstrated experience in visual design and branding
· Experience working with Flinto