Do you want to fundamentally reinvent the way test automation is done by your fellow software developers?
The AWS Developer Tools organization at Amazon.com is looking for a passionate and innovative Technical Program Manager to manage part of the Test Automation Platform space at Amazon. Our job is to make it a pleasure to be an engineer at Amazon by writing services that automate the test execution parts of software development. This means that engineers can execute their tests and build test scenarios automatically, without doing any manual work or modifications.
Ideal candidates are passionate about optimizing the software development experience at a very large scale in a cloud-based computing environment. You must have an established background in delivering customer-facing solutions, strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You are a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence within a team.
If you join us, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to lead a highly visible team, define how Amazon creates software, influence the success of every software development team (including AWS, Kindle, Retail, and Digital) throughout Amazon, and make Amazon the best place to develop software in the world!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
· 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, or a scripting language (Perl, Ruby or Python)
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
· A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies