We are seeking a world-class Technical Program Manager (TPM) in our AWS Training and Certification (T&C) team that will drive learning technology projects. The role requires the ability to work equally comfortably with software engineers and with business stakeholders. The TPM will partner with the business leadership to define, drive, and execute high priority technology projects.
In this role you will be responsible for translating business requirements to functional specifications, coordinating architecture designs, building the development schedule from design to delivery, and making appropriate tradeoffs to manage risks. As the owner of your projects, you need to clearly set the goals and communicate the latest status to both software development teams and internal business customers. The ideal candidate can work independently, enjoys tackling ambiguous yet complex problems, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
This Technical Program Manager position provides a unique opportunity to design and build a massively scaled learning technology that we are developing on core AWS services. You will draw upon exemplary technical architecture, deployment and management skills, project management, critical thinking, problem-solving, and a passion for building large-scale software systems. You will be self-directed and open to new challenges, adept at prioritization, innovation, and getting along with others. You will drive the continuous process improvements and collaborate effectively with cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions. Interact with a broad cross-section of the Amazon organization, spanning a wide range of technologies, and engaging with external vendors and internal teams. In Amazon Web Services, Technical Program Managers are the backbone of the project execution, run our largest cross-customer projects, and coordinate with other teams on high scale deliverables. Success in this role means collaborating with the AWS service engineering teams, support engineering organizations, sales organizations and product management teams to deliver projects.
Our technologists are the best the industry worldwide. Come join us to work hard, have fun, and make history!
· Work closely with business stakeholders to determine their requirements, and then convert them into technical specifications and solutions.
· Coordinate engineering activities and resource scheduling across multiple teams.
· Manage medium to large technical projects with minimal supervision.
· Perform key team roles in an Agile software development environment (Scrum Master, Product Owner).
· Participate in the design and implementation of novel technical solutions.
· Write documentation and test plans demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Able to anticipate, proactively manage the risks and escalate appropriately.
· Demonstrate extraordinary people skills, customer obsession and attention to detail.