Behind great games, there’s game tech.
Games live at the intersection of technology and the arts, and with more than 2.5 billion people playing games every day, there’s never been a more exciting time to make games. At AWS Game Tech, our mission is to help developers build amazing, fun, and successful games, and we strive to power every game with AWS.
Would you like to work with the most innovative games companies in the world? Do you have a passion for helping customers with large scale challenges, such as low latency requirements and global deployments of application architectures touching billions of players? Do you want to help build a new, customer-obsessed team and help establish AWS Game Tech as the leading partner to and cloud provider for the Games Industry?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Paris Game Tech Solutions Architecture team is looking for an experienced and motivated technologist with a passion for games to help our customers build in the cloud. SA’s at AWS work directly with customers to solve technical and architectural challenges
As a Senior Solutions Architect with AWS Game Tech, you will work with the most creative and compelling games companies on the planet. You’ll work with startup indie studios, legendary blockbuster publishers, cutting edge technology platforms, and mission-critical middleware partners in the Games industry to help them build better games with the AWS cloud.
The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of public cloud infrastructure technologies alongside a familiarity with game development technologies including engines, platforms, and middleware providers. They should be curious about cloud gaming architecture and be proficient in applicable technical use cases, architectures, and development workflows. They should also have the ability to connect technology with measurable business value. They should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges through the lens of our customers and – most importantly – they should love games!
Role & Responsibilities
· Together with the broader EMEA Game Tech teams, help develop the strategic plan for AWS, particularly the technical elements of the strategy and plan to engage customers and partners.
· Establish technical credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader technical team), and can credibly drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customers and partners across the Gaming industry.
· Work with Engine, Platform, and Middleware Technology customers and partners to deploy – pilot and scale – Games industry focused programs in the field working with sales enablement, regional business development teams, and account teams.
· Conduct customer briefings, present at customer events, further AWS Game Tech solutions-led thought leadership in industry domains
· A passion for Gaming! – Great understanding of how the Games industry operates and the unique characteristics, delightful weirdness, and culture of the industry.
· Experience in game production, game live operations, solutions development, product management.
· Passion for cloud technologies – deep understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms.
· Technical knowledge of Games industry applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
· Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: Game development platforms (Unity, Unreal, etc), core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, platform variation (mobile, PC, Console), software defined networking, network functions virtualization, etc. with the ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
· Deep knowledge of AWS Services and their relevance to the Games industry.
Ideal candidate profile
· Highly technical and analytical. Demonstrated ability to understand the complexities of Game development processes across multiple platforms including mobile, PC, and Console.
· Experience in architecting and positioning solutions into the Games Industry, or building technology solutions within the Games industry.
· Working knowledge and experience in cloud infrastructure to support game servers, analytics and big data, and game live operations.
· Strong opinions about whether or not to Invert the Y Axis.