Job Description: Design, develop, build, implement, test, document, deploy, operate, analyze, and deliver large-scale, multi-threaded, high-throughput, highly reliable, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services with multiple interacting processes using Object Oriented design, Java, Perl, C++, and distributed programming.
Evaluate and select platform technologies and 3rd party libraries, define interfaces, and integrate multiple components of a larger system. Gather and analyze business and functional requirements, and translate requirements into technical specifications for robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
Educate and evangelize users and potential users on best use cases and practices. Oversee the deployment and troubleshooting of live systems to verify or restore health. Lead software maintenance and troubleshooting, serve as a point of escalation for bugs in team's code. Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards, and engineering best practices and tools. Will have to work in a fully entrepreneurial environment and be a self starter. Job Qualifications: MS/BE in Computer Science plus one year of experience in the job offered or related occupations of Software Engineer or Software Developer.
Ideal candidate profile
· Passion for building scalable, global, complex systems to solve problems with proven ability to deliver high quality software.
· Obsession with quality and customer experience - Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
· Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and concepts.
· Expert knowledge of Java, C/C++ (atleast one) is a must.
· Solid UNIX or Linux experience.
· Great understanding of database theory and solid experience in at least one relational DBMS
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
· Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
· BS or MS in Computer Science or in a relevant Engineering discipline.