Amazon Devices is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Engineer - Connectivity, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to innovate and deliver high-performance, low power, stable connectivity platforms for world class consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
· Design, develop and enhance connectivity software for Amazon's consumer products
· Optimize performance and power consumption for connectivity platforms
· Engage with vendors to integrate connectivity chipset solutions
· Collaborate with other software teams to design and deliver unique customer features for next generation Amazon products
· Provide Amazon Customer Support technical assistance to troubleshoot customer issues
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of experience in software development
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
· 3+ years of experience with Android and Linux development on kernel, device drivers, and frameworks
· 1+ years of experience in Embedded System and BSP development
· Java and C/C++ developer with good problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of TCP/IP internals and common network protocols such as DHCP, DNS, HTTP, etc.