AWS Commerce Platform International Expansion team is a dynamic and rapidly growing business, focused on enabling developers and software companies around the world to easily distribute, and make money from, their cloud-based products; and enabling consumers of cloud-based software to evaluate, buy, and deploy even the most sophisticated cloud architectures.
We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
We provide organizations with building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and more. The systems we build interpret and process a very high volume stream of events; often bundled with low-latency/real-time analysis to enable security and fraud detection
As a software development engineer on the AWS International Expansion / Payments team, you will be at the forefront from an architectural, design and implementation perspective by delivering critical features that enable AWS to monetize cloud computing services. The products that we own are core components of AWS business and the ideal candidate will have strong coding and design skills. In this role you will not only gain experience architecting enterprise systems, but you will also be directly involved in solving challenging software problems across multiple platforms including AWS payments, billing and financial systems. This team operates in a fast-paced software development environment and you will be expected to excel in a highly connected and collaborative environment that includes a variety of stakeholders and customers.
As a Software Development Leader you will:
· Lead a team of software development engineers in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of services that our customers depend on.
· Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated engineers that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
· Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
· Work closely with other teams across AWS and Amazon to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
· Obsess over protecting customer information, maintaining single-digit millisecond latencies, and simplifying enterprise scale commerce complexity.
· Mentor a large group of people with a direct handle on the pulse of each employee on your team.
· Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within AWS on a weekly basis.
Come join us if you are passionate about building high quality scalable services and applications with a broad business impact!
You must be comfortable in a fast-paced, ambiguous, multi-tasked environment, with ability to scope, schedule, manage and drive the projects to completion.