Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Power Management Engineer, you will be responsible for owning the power models, power architecture and conducting power consumption measurements on platform boards and form factor devices. You will work closely with multi-disciplinary groups including Product Design, Industrial Design, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Reliability and Operations, to drive key aspects of engineering of consumer electronics products. You will conduct testing and optimization cycles of complex embedded systems in different use-cases. You will be expected to write code to interface lab equipment to computers and write scripts to automate the testing. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of power engineering, analog electronics and microprocessor architecture. In this role, you will:
· Interact with cross functional engineering teams across the company
· Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues
· Participate in design reviews
· Address all aspects of technology readiness, including manufacturability
· Help build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products